Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We need a big snowmobile get together, rally, or what every you call them! I go on 3-4 trips every year anyway! Or at least the riders from each area or state could do something, any thoughts?

·
Registered
177 Posts
I think that would be fun,,,,,,and I would be up to it, but also it would be hard to get every one togather and do it with peoples jobs( vacation time) familys and etc,,,during the summer months me and friends go fourwheelin up in mears michigan for the weekend,,,,,,just a couple of families going is a work in progress to get togather and plan that...but other then that I think it would be awseome to meet and ride with the people we meet and talk to in sw. SWRules , its just alot of planning. ???

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It would take a year to plan the first one. Then look out! We do this in the summer for Stingray boats. Its a blast.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
I'm up for it. How about getting togethor at hay days. Seems like alot of people were there anyway and those that didn't go really should cause its amazing.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
We have a large race here on Secord every year 1st weekend in Feb. More than happy to take any SW sledders in for the weekend if ya like!

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
This would be awesome. We do this at the MB forums as well. We just had one a couple of weekends ago. It was a blast.....

Go here

Then go here

The above links are to pics taken of the gathering at the MB forums.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Crane Lake MN

I made reservations here for Feb 6,7,8, Its close to alot of you on this site. Its on the Canadian/US border. 3.5 hours north of Minneapolis, 4.5 hours from Grand Forks ND, 35 min southeast of International Falls MN. We have 6 people going on that weekend. Thursday night to Sat. night. If you want to go let me know when you will be there so get your reservations in.

Dave

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well I think Crane Lake area is some of the best riding MN has to offer. You can ride in the National Park if you take a Left out the lodge door. 45 mph in the park though, found out the hard way last year. Take a Right out the door, you get down some great trails and lakes in the area. We usually go to Lake Vermillian (sp?) 60-80 or so miles on the trail then back on the river. The park is very senic with high cliffs and jagged rocks, waterfalls, and towering pines. One part of the lake is 13 miles long. Man if you want to see what your sled is made of its there. Too bad its in the park and 45 mph rule applys. They have to catch you first! We plan to go there every year. They had great snow last year and no one had snow in MN last year. So I know they should had good snow every year. I rode the Crane Lake area for the first time last year and I know the area fairly well after putting on over 900 miles there. For the 6 guys that are reserved in one cabin, the costs are total $140.00 each for three nights. Not too bad! Email me if anyone has anymore questions. [email protected] You can PM me here too. If anyone is thinking on going tell the guys at the resort your meeting with the Dave Anderson group from East Grand Forks.

Dave

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
You guys must be staying in a palace, @ $140.00 ea just to sleep is no good in my book. Come over to michigan, 4 guys 3 nights $120.00 total, excellent rooms. No pools, no hot tubs, no fancy resturants, just good clean rooms and a hot shower! We ride 14 hours, sleep 8.
This idea sounds like fun but would be a major feat to accomplish, count me in!

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Originally posted by Mikadoo@Nov 27 2002, 12:54 AM
You guys must be staying in a palace, @ $140.00 ea just to sleep is no good in my book. Come over to michigan, 4 guys 3 nights $120.00 total, excellent rooms. No pools, no hot tubs, no fancy resturants, just good clean rooms and a hot shower! We ride 14 hours, sleep 8.
This idea sounds like fun but would be a major feat to accomplish, count me in!
I've been there in the U.P. not again. Yes 140.00 per person is for the three bedroom condo. They have cheaper rooms if you want them. You can't be getting much for 120 for 3 nights. The condo is 110.00 per person for 3 nights plus taxes on the room. My last room in the UP was a dump at 65.00 per person per night. But to each their own.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Im coming upto Michigan and Wisconsin sometime this winter. Im up for a nice ride :D

·
Registered
111 Posts
GOTTA HAVE THE HOT TUB!!!
I am not afraid to spend a little coin to have a decent room.
Nothing beats a nice day of riding topped off with some bubbling beverages in a bubbling hottub with some bubbling babes!!! :devil:

·
Registered
190 Posts
I would love to do it but can't fit it in during that time. Trip to the U.P. Jan 15th - 19th. and leaving for the land of Mickey Feb. 1st. Hope you have a great time. I've heard that there are some great trails in the Crane Lake area.

Ran into a Snowmobile club called Sisters on Sleds at the Lake of the Woods a couple of years ago. They (15 women) all from the Crane Lake area told us a little about the area and it sounds great. If you run into any of them they are a fun group of gals.

S

·
0 Posts
#Server Mode:

User 'SnoXracer' Internet Protocol address matches server watched user "Sledcrazy" listed in watched file log.

User 'SnoXracer' placed in auto restrict and added to server watched file log.

A report of this occurance has been submitted to the forum administrator, 'SWWebmaster'.

-END

1 - 20 of 22 Posts