Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just read the post on the trading my snowmobile for a quad.  I'm pretty close to doing that, but I'm still holding on to my sled.  

I think riding a quad is close to a snowmobile but it lacks the acceleration and hook up.  

I have a 600 sportbike, and man the acceleration on it is very close to that of a snowmobile, but riding on roads is not as fun as trails.

I just can't get into riding a waverunner.  Riding on flat, open water just doesn't provide a challenge or excite me.

Automobiles, I guess hot rods or custom trucks are fun, but your still restricted on their use.  I guess unless you were into drag racing.

We'll, let's hear it, what else do you guys have?

·
Registered
346 Posts
Got a 23' Nordic boat and love being on the river listening to tunes and have a few barley pops in the summertime. Scenery is not bad either!

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
I have a 97 Seadoo SPX. Love the GIANT Waves on the great lakes. I've been in 12 to 15 footers. I can try and post a photo. Don't know if it will work though.

·
Registered
152 Posts
2002 xc 600 sp
1999 Polaris Sportsman 500 4x4
2001 Chevy Tahoe
1997 Chevy ext cab Z71
1996 Eagle trailer, covered
Enough Handguns, Shotguns, Rifles and Ammo to hold off an invading army.

Next Purchase a Boat.  

·
Registered
668 Posts
When the water is too choppy to ski, its time to bring out the standups, the yellow one is my wife’s (550) she is bugging me to get her a faster one!  She’s a wild-one on that thing!

Mine is the 750, next to the yellow one, and in the background it zr800man (showing off his muscles for the ladies&#33
on the 650.

·
Registered
125 Posts
This is a cool post..I'm blushing now that skidoomaster put that picture of me up there.  This picture is of the boat I run (my dad's creation) all summer.  Member of Michigan Hot Boat Association but mostly run it on Secord Dam around Gladwin, MI.  This is a 18' Mirage that was transformed from outboard to jet...the motor is a custom built 502 built by my father and it runs around 92 MPH in quarter mile.  Takes a 100+ outboard to beat it!

·
Premium Member
2,455 Posts
Other toys, ......... hmmmm. Not neccessarily in this order
1) Golf Clubs?
2) Wife
3) '75 Vette Roadster (both tops)

Sold 30' lowdeck scarab, now I have to use the in-laws Sea Ray to play in the water.

Michael

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Zr800man, skidoomaster - I live on Secord, and know the boat. If you guys make it up anytime soon, let me know and we can hook up. We were riding last week. 12" of ice, with about 10" of snow, but it might be bare by now. We were riding all last weekend.

·
Coming 2 a Trail near You
2,267 Posts
I have an 89' 650 standup as well. I like it alot when it runs. Have had a lot of trouble with it this year but hopefully come summer it will be back in action. Hoping to buy an 89' J-22 racing sail boat this spring. Toys are expensive

·
Registered
88 Posts
I live in north western pennsylvania, but we have a cottage on lake kipawa in quebec. my cedar strip was built in powassan ontario in 1968. they still build them there. we enjoy snowmobiling in canada, but also like to listen to the loons well enjoying a cold blue, when  fishing for walleyes.
                               Kipawa

·
Registered
720 Posts
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (zr800man @ Jan. 23 2002, 12:18pm)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">This is a cool post..I'm blushing now that skidoomaster put that picture of me up there.  This picture is of the boat I run (my dad's creation) all summer.  Member of Michigan Hot Boat Association but mostly run it on Secord Dam around Gladwin, MI.  This is a 18' Mirage that was transformed from outboard to jet...the motor is a custom built 502 built by my father and it runs around 92 MPH in quarter mile.  Takes a 100+ outboard to beat it![/b][/quote]
Same as 800mxz, I saw that boat all last summer on Secord as well!

We'll have to hook up one of these weekends...

·
Registered
12 Posts
GOTTA LOVE TOYS!!!!

2002 HARLEY DAVIDSON ROAD KING SCREAMIN EAGLE
2002 CHEVROLET HD CLUB CAB DURAMAX
2002 SKI-DOO MXZX 800-
                                   SPEEDWERX PIPES
                                   SPEEDWERX HEAD
                                   V-FORCE REEDS
                                   M-10 OHLIN SUSPENSION
                                   GOODWIN CLUTCH KIT
                                   192 STUD ROTEIN WEDGES
                                   SLP AIT INTAKE INSERTS
2002 ARCTIC CAT ZR 800 CROSS COUNTRY
2000 CHEVROLET RED CORVETTE COUPE 6 SPEED

THATS ALL!
P.S. 6 MILES ON THE SKI-DOO!!!

·
Registered
741 Posts
Beside trying to get to my cabin a lot in the summer, I have an 86 mustang Gt (actually my wifes) and my toy is a 79 jeep cj-7 with a 304 and a fiberglass body.I also take my older daughter camping with the MSA in June. Kevin

1 - 20 of 60 Posts