Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's still lots of snow here, though the trails are getting pretty bad, and there's getting to be alot of slush.
But how many of you are still using your sleds.

·
Registered
875 Posts
it's finished in Ottawa, Ontario, but you could wear your carbides down on the road with the 2" of wet snow we got last nite.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
This saturday will be my last trip......lots of snow in northern saskatchewan but its suposed to warm up by the weekend so there wont be much left next week.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Still riding every day in northeastern ontario..they have stopped grooming but most trails still have a decent base and lots of snow in the bush..steve

·
Registered
533 Posts
Still a ton of snow here.  Heck it is still -21c in the mornings.  I expect we will be still on the sleds till end on month, and maybe first week of May.

newf

·
Registered
203 Posts
-17 below this morning, easily over a month of riding. In some years you can ride in June with only having to trailer a little further up the mountain...........

·
Registered
756 Posts
occasional wash outs, grooming has ceased but riding is still OK spring conditions.

·
Registered
756 Posts
another pic of the lake out my front door. still OK on the cold days. 37deg.F now was 26deg.F this morning

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Back in '98 I was out in Alberta & BC around the May 2-4 weekend. Saturday morning we're heading out of Calgary on the Trans Canada when a pickup with a sled in the back & towing 2 more on a trailer passes us. When we we're in Golden, we saw a couple more sleds in trucks that looked like they had just gotten back from riding

Sledding in May (Grrrrrr)

·
Registered
282 Posts
We got 7" of snow the last two days so I pulled the wifes '00 XC440sp (sold my sled last week
 )out and rode it around on my property and proceeded to waterskip it on my pond. I am now in the dog house but it was fun!!  

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
So what's the deal in WI and MI....the trails closed the first of the month, right?  But can you still ride on forest roads, or any other trails?

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Im still going strong.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Still have 40 or so inches on the mountain but the temps have been so warm lately, 60ish and it's melting fast. This Saturday will be my last trip!!!

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (idooski @ April 03, 2002, 5:55pm)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">We usually have someone go under too. I'll be sure to get a shot of that also.[/b][/quote]
You mean from under the water ? now that i have to see !  

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Dan, I think what he means is that someone usually falls through the ice, and he will have pictures of that.  I too thought at first "how are they going to get pictures from under the ice?"

·
Registered
8 Posts
Still tons of snow in idaho.  up in the higher elevations last weekend there was over 15 feet of snow.  We will be ridding for quite some time still.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts