Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Is it safe for a woman to snowmobile while pregnant or can the bouncing hurt the baby?[/b]

I would not take anyones word on this, talk to you doctor and if you are not sure don’t it is better to safe that sorry.

Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
980 Posts
A friends wife rode for the first month or two of her pregnancy, but she did not ride after her 2nd tri-mester. She talked to he doctor to find out what she could and couldn't do - I recommend you do the same.

·
Super Moderator
9,075 Posts
First let me say a Doctor's advise should be first and foremost.....

Now what you need to remember is that the baby is pretty well protected at this point. If this isn't a high risk pregnancy I would think that a slower cruise on a sled would be just fine. There are risks with everyday life while pregnant anyway so I wouldn't think that riding a sled with common sense shouldn't be anything to be worried about........Again, I would clear it with her Dr so as he doesn't think there is any potential risk that the "normal" pregancy would not have.

I also would add that in the last trimester she probably will not want to ride it's most uncomfortable anyway let alone trying to ride a sled.

in a nutshell.......ask your doctor please !

Snow4

·
Registered
2,908 Posts
My only thought on this is IF a doctor OK's the riding what about everyone else on the trail? If it were me I wouldnt risk being hit. But thats just my opinion..BTW congrats on the new addition :D A sled was what Perm bought me after our daughter was born :inlove:

·
Registered
538 Posts
My wife is in her 3rd trimester. She is not doing any trail riding. we are hoping to get her a ride on the lake this weekend. She can at least scratch the itch that way. Our thoughts were the same, what about the other people on the trail. Its not worth someone putting her in a bad situation, because we made a bad decision to ride.

·
Registered
99 Posts
My wife rode when she was four months pregnant, the doctor said it would be ok but we only rode during the week when the trails were nearly empty.

·
Registered
644 Posts
I made one of the most beautiful rides ever with my wife when she was in her first tri-mester with one of our kids. That was a 160 mile ride in April. That summer (June), we took a 1000 mile boat ride in a 19-foot skiff.

That boy is almost seven now and he went on a 60 mile boat ride (through ice floes), at 6 months, a 90 mile sno-go ride at 14 months, and probably has logged 3000-5000 miles at this point. I honestly don't think it hurts to take some risks. (Consider what risks you take in developing bad habits by allowing a kid to be too sedentary; sitting in front of the idiot lantern watching videos or playing with a joystick.) Physical risks are not the only problem.

A woman's doctor is probably the best place to start. A good doctor is likely to give general advice and allow the woman to do, physically, what she is comfortable with.

·
Registered
945 Posts
My only thought on this is IF a doctor OK's the riding what about everyone else on the trail? If it were me I wouldnt risk being hit. But thats just my opinion..BTW congrats on the new addition :D A sled was what Perm bought me after our daughter was born :inlove:[/b]

I concur, you can not be moving at all and have someone pile into you. You can't control life but you can control some things. :christmas:

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
Good question

I think I would be over protective and tell the wife no

·
Registered
644 Posts
You guys who ride trails are scaring me! No one has mentioned the risks inherent in highway driving, yet collision risks on trails are coming to the forefront. Yow! Are things really that out-of-control on maintained trails?

When Silas was just a little "bean" some seven years ago, my biggest concerns had more to do with being so far from anywhere than with anything else, not with getting too close to someone else - or them getting too close.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts