Snowmobile World banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I drive a MXZ 500 and was thinking of buying the new skis.  I was wondering if those skis are worth the by?  Are they really Aggresive?  Please give me some answers!

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
The new skis will do wonders for your 500.I wish they had them back in 2000 when I got my new MXZ 500.Now I have a 02 MXZ 700 with the new skis and love them.Corner great and eliminate most darting issues.GET THEM AND SMILE  

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Could you tell me if they have them for many different sleds?  I have a 97' MXZ 440 Fan and was wondering if I could get a pair for it.  Any input will be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Sorry midnight screamer...I believe that the ZX spindles are different from the S-2000...otherwise would have thought about a pair myself

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have them on my 02 800 and all reports are true, on groomed trails and hard pack they do eliminate darting.  I do find they tend to float in powder making turning slightly more difficult. (but that's no surprise).  Compared to my previous FLEX skis on my 99 FZ, they are one heck of an improvement.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Midnight Screemer.  As far as i know these skis with the mounting bracket will fit on any skidoo sled with dsa and adsa front suspention.  

That is because bombardier Made the bracket hook up the same way the other one did.

I got a pair and only put them on My Mach Resently.  Wow.  It changes everything.  Now its just one hand driving.  Turning is far easier and presice.  Its worth the money.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I put the flex ski's on my 97 670 with no problem.  So Machzzzzzzz is correct, the s-2000 with dsa will accept them.

J.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I bought my 96 MXZ670 with simmons dual carbide flex skis and those things are INCREDIBLE. I don`t know if I could ever justify spending $400 to buy a new set though. I am looking for a couple of sets of used ones for my other 2 MXZ's  if ayones got em.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
A good dealer will trade you.  

My dealer took my old skis which were pro flex and gave me the persision for 290 cdn.  He traded me for my skis (warn) and my mounting hardware (Brackets and bolts)  If you look on the skidoo websight the brackets almost cost the same.

·
Registered
184 Posts
so that does bring up the question on what ski is
better the ski-doo ski or the simons ski

maybe I should post this as a new topic.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
I dont know.  it would come down to quality.  

personally i like the skidoo.  It has a cleaner look.

·
Registered
980 Posts
And Coffeys is the cheapest by far I have found,$369, have a set on order.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I just installed the new "tunnel" skidoo ski on a '97583GT and a '99583GT.  They were two different versions of the skidoo plastic ski and I no problem with either.  I'm pretty sure that the kit is set up to work on any DSA or ADSA sled. No more wandering all over the trail and steering was great.  Now the front end goes where you expect it to go in a turn.  I don't think that it makes any difference whether they are skidoo or simmons.  They each have patents and have sued to protect them.  I heard that skidoo actually bought out Simmons but I haven't confirmed that yet.  The tunnel ski is fantastic.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Yup.  It will make you a way better driver.  Way more secure.  You will feel more at ease coming in to a corner hot.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts