Snowmobile World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to get a hitch for my car so I can pull a single place snowmobile trailer. Ive got two quotes on two different brands of hitches. Hidden and Draw-tite. The Hidden is about $30 cheaper, so my question is, what is the difference in quality? Im sure most people have heard of Draw-tite, but im not familiar with Hidden. If youve got any experience with the two, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Let me tell you about car hitches lol. Make sure it is a frame mounted one. It should tie into your bumper mount horns and then the frame. i had a bumper one that hasd supports that went to the trunk/wheel well pan and it crushed the pan. Pay the money for a good solid mounting one. That is probably the difference. What type of car is it going on? Adn where are you located as i have a frame mounted one.
Caleb

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, i planned on getting a frame mounted one, probably class 1, since i really dont plan on hauling a 4 place with my grand prix anytime soon. :p Just wondering about which company to go with

·
Registered
518 Posts
I currently have (on Pontiac Aztek) and previously had (on my truck) Draw-Tite. I've had no problems on either vehicle.
Sorry, that's all I can provide.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Had a Draw-Tite on my Jeep and had no problems with it. In fact if you have it installed by a certified dealer I believe there is a warranty that if for any reason the hitch fails while trailering the warranty will cover whatever gets damaged. ie snowmobile/trailer.

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
I have a reese class 2 on my truck and have not had any problems,my camper weighs a lot more than my sleds.
Installed properly, I think either one you listed should be ok

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
I've been using Hidden Hitch for years. Class III.

no complaints, other than they always end up getting rusty after a few year, but I've never seen a hitch that doesn't. They tend to be in a pretty tough environment.

FishHog

·
0 Posts
got mine from U-haul had the absolute best price in town with a nationwide warranty, have it on my 97 Grand am, class 2 hitch rated upto 3500lbs, pull a 2001 16' princecraft and in the winter double trailer no problems what so ever.

In Canada U-Haul will beat any competitors price by 10%, i think i ended up getting mine for about $240 tax in Can installed with the draw bar.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
If you have a grand pri my hitch may fit as it came off a GM, bonnivile I believe. They are all within an inch of one another. I'm heading to Gaylord to sled for two days, so hit me up on thursday. PM or email me your number and I'll call ya. I'll sell you this one way cheap if it'll work.
Caleb

1 - 10 of 10 Posts