Snowmobile World banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like my source was correct when she said the MachZ would return for one last year in the CK-3 chassis.  Who in their right mind will spend that kinda money for a marvelous engine in an outdated chassis?  I would have considered a mach in the zx chassis with dfi. It appears my decision to jump on an RX-1 looks pretty good right now.

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
I like the CK3...dissapointed that Doo didn't even change one thing on it, but I still think it is a sharp looking sled.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I agree Rocket!  I think it's the best looking sled out there,  My concern is the chassis.  I spent the day in the saddle of my buddies mxzx and there is no way I'm going back.  If I wouldn't have ridden it I wouldn't have believed the difference.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Yeah but now they added the sc-10 3 with 13 or 14 inch of travel.  That should help.  Plus they did do some changes with the front bumber it looks cleaner now and they did add the REV handle bars with the handwarmer and Start/RER button.  

Now they also have the persison skis.  Let me tell you.  I have a ZX with regular skis and a Mach with persision skis.  Before i put the P-skis on the mach the ZX was way faster and i felt more comfortable going into a corner at higher speeds.  The mach would never lift a ski but it would slide and push and not grip.  It felt like you would just go right by the turn.  

But now with the P-Skis the Mach is absouluty leathel.  It will outcorner the zx anyday.  I can ride it just sitting and the same speed on a Zx would make me have to lean.  

The ZX also has a lot of skilift.  it feels like everytime you do a turn it lifts the ski.  But the machs skis stay planted.  

The CK-3 is intitled to more credit then it gets.  Its a great chassie and is way better then the ZX on long trips.  

If somehow you could get the mxzs front shocks on the ck3 it would be a great chassie with a great ride.  If anyone knows how to get better front ride hight please let me know.  

Sure it would have been nice to see a Mach in a ZX but im still counting on that happining.  If they were going to dump the mach they would have done it this year.  There obvousioly still is a market for it.  It cost skidoo a lot more money to make the mach because a lot of the parts only work on the mach.  The engine is only in one chassie and its by no means a top seller.  

It will be harder to sell but with the changes for this year it will be more competitive.  It did recive some major changes for this year.  

People when buying a sled please just look at the Mach Z.  Its a awsome sled and you will be happy with it.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
The CK3 is not an old chassie its roughly the same age as the ZX.  

I have a good friend at a dealer and he was at a press confrence.  The reason they went with the CK3 and not the ZX is they were having problems balancing the chassie in the ZX.  He said it was prone to spining around on you because of the extra weight in the front.  But he did say there working on it and if the Mach does make a return NEXT year or even late in the season it will be in the ZX.  THey had a few ZX prototypes with the 800 triple in it.  

But there are advantages of a CK3 for a lake racer.  Its a lot easier to tuck in behind the gas tank for wind resistance.  Its also a lot easier to control at higher speeds.  But most important is that you sit reclined instead of up right and almost on the tank.  If your going 170km and you hit a bump the mach / CK3 will just bob up and down keeping you safe.  The ZX will throw you over the bars because your not sitting that far back and the weight is more evenly distributed.  

THeres no dought about it the CK3 is a much better lake racer the the ZX will ever be.  But people just want a triple engine in a multipurpose chassie like the ZX.  Not everyone want to lake race.  And i know about 5 people with MXZ 800 that told me if a Mach Z came in a ZX chassie with the same suspention as a MXZ they would buy it in a miniute.  

Even if it only has one pipe its still a better engine and a lot of people want it.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I am a Cat guy.
If SkiDoo put there triple in the new chassis I would buy one.
Doo has come leaps and bounds in the last couple years. A/C has done nothing
but let Cat people down with the drop of triples and there lack of inovation. Not even the new
F7 can change my mind. (old motor with efi)
It breaks my heart to do this to Cat but I may be riding a SkiDoo in 03'.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts