Snowmobile World banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Give a kid enough rope and he's bound to hang himself.. or burn your machine to the ground. This was my immaculate 84 Phazer SE that I had just added a long track, electric start and new shocks and springs to. He started riding about three months ago and got in over his head in attempting to tackle this hill. With a full tank of fuel, inexperience, and a Dad that couldn't get it through Jr's head that he wasn't Blair Morgan and rolling it upside down, it didn't take much to more to make this disaster. He walked away without a scratch thank God, however, even though it was an 84 it still broke my heart to pick up the pieces.

·
Premium Member
575 Posts
Sorry about your luck. :confused:

·
Registered
745 Posts
hey we all make mistakes it sucks because this sled sounds like it was your baby but we all seem to get in a little crash here or there. Glad to hear that your son ok ok though you can always fix a sled can't replace the kid but I know what your goin through I sunk my dads 98 Yamaha Grizzly 600 ATV last winter in the lake while I was ice fishin it was a bad scene for awhile but he was happy I was alive.

Grant.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hey we all make mistakes it sucks because this sled sounds like it was your baby but we all seem to get in a little crash here or there. Glad to hear that your son ok ok though you can always fix a sled can't replace the kid but I know what your goin through I sunk my dads 98 Yamaha Grizzly 600 ATV last winter in the lake while I was ice fishin it was a bad scene for awhile but he was happy I was alive.

Grant.[/b]
Yeah I hear you. I've already got over it. Luckily I have a third Phazer I used for some parts. A set of handlebars and some hardware and I'll have him back on the trail. This time with a shorter "leash". Can't seem to get pics on this post, but I did on the Gallery. Posted as phazer burn down.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
He's 13 going on 21 if you know what I mean. He's not unlike any other boy at his age. I took plenty of chances when I was younger too. I'm sure we all had our day. I just hope he learned something from it. When we were cleaning up the site the next day he mumbled something about wishing he had had more power and a bigger track....sigh......

The longtrack is pretty near a necessity up here. I have a 94 Phazer long track that's a joy to ride in the deep stuff and we have plenty of that up here.

·
Super Moderator
9,075 Posts
WOW......I'm just happy to hear your son is ok. I have a 13 year old son as well and well, let's just say he's a daredevil too. Like everyone has said, he's fine and that's what matters.

I went and looked at the pics and tried to move them here for you. Let's see if this works.

[attachment=33928:tn_galle..._1126909.jpg]
[attachment=33929:tn_galle..._1389796.jpg]

Snow4

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
He's 13 going on 21 if you know what I mean. He's not unlike any other boy at his age. When we were cleaning up the site the next day he mumbled something about wishing he had had more power and a bigger track....sigh......[/b]
had one and now he is 21 LOL it is never their fault when something goes wrong, but that can be corrected.

WOW......I'm just happy to hear your son is ok.[/b]
at that age they are made of rubber.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Im glad to hear your boy is OK I remember the days of being a young teen.(43 now) Whats the saying? " 16 and bullet proof!!!!"
I think it applies to all young males hahaha I have a 13yr old as well and he figures a 95 xlt sp 600 is way under powered for his vast riding experience (3months). You just have to keep the leash a bit shorter for awhile till common sense takes over.My wife says she is still waiting for that to happen to me. haha

1 - 12 of 12 Posts