Snowmobile World banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
since i can't figure out how to make my sled go faster...i came up with this idea (my engine fuel is pre-mix).......take some "Supreme" gasoline, put in some Racing oil and some octane booster....voila, racing fuel.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Octane Boost is something that a lot of people think help their sled produce more HP, but with out a little Head Work, it is useless. Octane Boost with a low compression head will not help you. There are a lot of other things that will help you make HP, just keep looking!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Hi octaine gas is actually slower burning and unless you advance timing and or raise compression you will actually lose hp. We dynoed my buddies engine at 202 hp and than added 114 oct. and droped down to 178 hp. ???

·
Registered
108 Posts
Shave your heads. Aftermarket Gaskets. That should increase compression, and take advantage of the octane.

I've had similar discussion about octane in cars, it's the same thing that you guys said. Unless you own a new vechicle that can compensate for the extra octane you will actually decrease the engines performance.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
^^^^ is that something i can do myself (shaving head thing)? or do i have to get it done by someone.......i was thinking about polishing my heads and the top of the piston, but i don't know how much i have to torque my heads

·
Registered
884 Posts
Have it Professionaly done by either a local Machine Shop or a Performance Shop.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Sledneck, it really depends on if you want to modify the engine in any way, or just use an additive once in awhile. Or you can modify the engine and still use an additive. An Octane Booster will not give you more power. You will need a power additive. As luck would have it, there is one coming available November 15th. Amazing how it is just in time for winter! Good Luck!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Send your heads in to somone who knows what they are doing, otherwise you will rish burn down, don't expect to much improvment from this single mod. You might want to use an offset key on the flywheel to increase timing, but again don't do anything unless you really know what you are doing.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
here was a little mix that i had come up with when i was running in pro stock.2.5g of 100 low lead avgas 2.5g of super non lead gas, 1can of clotz nitro and 1 can of clotz octan boost/stabilizer...... and man i tell yah.....lol it had a punch...after comming in second i got tecked for fuel..lol the guy said what in the hell are u running in this thing as tears rolled from his eyes.......lol :p

·
Registered
27 Posts
Ok, what you need to do is, get a truck (chevy), a piece of hose, a bowling ball, your heads,and some rope or duck tape, i prefer duck tape, find a road that has been put down in the last 3 years, not to new but not to old, then take your head and put it on the road, then take the bowling ball and put it on top of your head (from your snowmachine) and put it on the spark plug hole, then secure it with duck tape, now attach the rope to your snowmachine head and bowling ball, and attach the other end of the rope to your truck, then drive at about 35-45 mph, for every 5 mins you drive you will take off 20 thousands. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL :doh:
and wala you have yourselfs a REDNECK MILLING MACHINE LOL

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Except with the chevy you will have to stop every 3 miles to refill the oil and possibly do an engine swap. LOL :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts