Snowmobile World banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I thought I'd share this funny story with you...

My buddy called me up the other night all excited.  His '92 Wildcat is at his dealer getting worked on.  He had just gotten back from there when he called.  I asked him how the sled was and he told me that it needed a rebuild.  So I asked him why he sounded so happy and he said that he had heard some "great information" while he was at the dealer.   Obviously I asked him what the great info was and he said that the Dealer was praising his Wildcat, saying what a great sled it was.  He said that, that was the best sled Arctic Cat had ever built (performance wise).  He then asked my buddy if he had raced anybody with it, and my buddy told him that he had raced a skidoo 670 (another friends Formula Z) and it was dead even.  The dealer told him that after the rebuild he would "smoke him".  He said that the Wildcats were set up strictly for racing and they had a top speed of 128mph (no not kmh...MPH!!! ).  I said, Man, that sounds a little exagerated to me, and he said that he believed it.  Well, I didn't push the issue any further....I ended our conversation by asking him to ask the dealer how fast a Thundercat would go.  

Now, I want to point out that I am not slamming Arctic Cat or the Wildcat owners.  I'm just saying that this is proof that you can't believe everything the dealers tell you.  I have talked to a lot of people that say "my dealer said this", "my dealer said that" like they think that just because they said something it must be true.  This one deffinatly takes to cake though  

Take care.

-Josh

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Yes i believe that is a bit much, he must have meant 128 kms.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope...people down here never talk in kmh.  

Even if he was I don't think he would be bragging about 128kmh anyway  

I just thought it was a funny story.

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
That was meant to be a joke

·
Registered
416 Posts
Oh, yeah, its all true, and pigs can fly, the tooth ferry is real, and barbed wire can steal your sled and ride it for 20 or so miles, in the middle of nowhere and it takes you two hours to catch it and by the time you got to it the sled was on fire from overheating(inside joke for a few fortunate guys on the chat that were fortunate to hear it LOL)

·
Registered
416 Posts
LMFAO , sorry buddy, I couldn't help it  

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
LOL....LMAO...I'd forgotten about that situation...

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
i think the dealer is quite intelligent in his scheme because if he had said to the owner of the wildcat that it was an old slug then the dealer would have lost all chance of a total rebuild, service is where the money is. something else we all suffer from when we get told what we don't like to hear is we leave the place where we heard it and never go back and tell others not too. the dealer is a very well seasoned businessman.  

·
Registered
165 Posts

the dealor is right IN ITS DAY that was a fast sled
maby not by todays standerd's but he's a busnesman

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Some salesman tell a peson what he wants to hear.

In the spring of '00 when I ordered my sled I dealt with one particular person . In September when I phoned to ask him if my sled was in, I was told he didn't work there anymore, oh well so I thought.

When I picked up the sled, one of the mechanics asked me if I had heard that so and so had gone to work at XXXXX . I said no and said I wonder how he enjoys selling sleds that he had previously bad-mouthed. He had gone from a Ski-doo dealer to the neighbouring Polaris dealer. In my books he had no credibility left. And he didn't have a lot before  

1 - 13 of 13 Posts