Snowmobile World banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some pics from this weekend, no snow yet, but its coming!

I love the smell of exhaust in the morning:

My new SUV all frosted up:

Sled Graveyard:

Some antiques:

My snowmobileworld.com sticker finally applied (thanks dave!)

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
man no comments even on the classic sleds!? Did the photos not work or something?

·
Premium Member
709 Posts
Sorry, I'm too busy being depressed. All the distractions have stopped working and now I'm essentially throwing a fit because the snow still is not falling. What is that line...I would be more apathetic if I wasn't so lethargic? Heh. No seriously, I'm losing it. The weather just keeps moving in from the south bringing nothing but rain, and it feel like there's no hope. I'm really laying on the drama here but it's just about to that point. :) This is the sad truth of snow addiction. I can't even look at your pics without feeling bitter :) It is pretty amazing how much of a lowrider that vmax is. Explains why it took so much foam to build my seat up to a reasonable height...I thought the old foam was just destroyed. Seems like riding that way would kill your back.

I wish we had a sled wrecking yard out here...I have paid a lot of shipping charges for used parts in the last few years. And it really sucks to have to order one stupid irregular grade 8 bolt or spring washer or something that you just can't get at the hardware store. Even if you pick it up at the dealership (to avoid shipping charges) it takes a week, the cost is astronomical, and the drive is out of the way. This is why we have 4 sleds between the two of us. If anything breaks on one we can just park it until we can find a good deal on a part (hopefully ebay, patience is the key), and not be out of the game during the heart of the season. Really no matter how new your sled is anyone could run their ski into a stump or something and with no backup ride you are going to miss days. A local wrecking yard would really make it easier. But based on how much powder I usually get all to myself, I don't think there are that many snowmobilers in this area, not enough to support a wrecking yard.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Ahh, reminds me of my youth, sledding in the 70's.. At least I was younger and had a good back then

·
Master Embalmer
1,232 Posts
What can one say except, "WOW." Look at all those sleds. Are the ones in the field parts or just sleds you've wrecked over the years. You must have a huge warehouse to keep so many sleds up on racks.
Cool Dave.

Richard

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What can one say except, "WOW." Look at all those sleds. Are the ones in the field parts or just sleds you've wrecked over the years. You must have a huge warehouse to keep so many sleds up on racks.
Cool Dave.

Richard[/b]

Haha, as much as I'd like to lay claim to all of that great "junk" I can't say its mine, I should have been more specific, its actually Al's Snowmobiles in Newport, VT

·
10,054 Posts
JT, I can arrainge a black and silver JD liquifier if your interested,,, its a 440.

Man collecting those sleds would be great,,, costly and I would probably live in the shop with them, but great,,, LOL

·
Super Moderator
9,075 Posts
JT, I can arrainge a black and silver JD liquifier if your interested,,, its a 440.

Man collecting those sleds would be great,,, costly and I would probably live in the shop with them, but great,,, LOL[/b]
If you bought all those sleds, I would imagine that is where you would have to live...LOL !

Snow4

Great Pics David ! I like the old yamaha's myself. Reminds me of my youth. sigh

1 - 14 of 14 Posts