Snowmobile World banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Couple pics I found on a roll of film I just had developed. Don't know if the rope will show up in the one pic of the verticle escape up against a tree but we had to lower it back down the way it climbed up with a rope. He was climbing up a smaller hill but steep and drifted off to the side right into a tree. Hour 2 of the cooke city trip and he had already mangled his belly but zip ties work wonders.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
atc you will really like that 1M 600 my cousin that i ride with alot has a green one and its a great sled. Nice and light in the front which makes it more fun to ride then the 8 and 9s i think and still plenty of power and floatation.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Yeah I am super excited to try it out for the first time here in the near future.....Knock on wood! This is my first long tracked sled. I dont get a whole lot of snow up here in MN, (lately that is), and there really are not too many long track sleds around here, (usually a 136 if you see one).

I like to boone dock and go off trail alot. I had alot of fun with my old sled but when the powder was a couple feet deep or more, my throttle would be to the bar, and 20 mph was about as good as it would get. Not to mention that if you came to a stop or slowed down too much, it was time to dig the sled out. I also like to putz through the woods alot too, and I think the 144"X2" will make it so I can creep though the woods and not have to worry about getting stuck too often.

Just out of curiousity, will my 600 pull its front end off the ground at all......I am curious to see if the 600 has enough grunt to it for wheelies. My old zr had no problem doing them, but that also was a 121". I must admit I really liked playing with the ski's off the ground from time to time.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
With the lower gearing and if you get that 2inch to hook up which it will yes definetly. It actually wheelies alot better then a zr my cousin held a decent wheelie for almost a 1/4 mile i think.

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
Great Pics Kc. Stuff like this really gets the fever going for me. It wont be long now. Temps are in the minus everynight, plugged the Diesel in last night even. They are even calling for wet snow the next few days. Montana looks like a great place to ride.

Perm

·
Registered
35 Posts
KC, those pictures are amazing. So much snow and I love it. Some day Ill be out there with a sweet mountain sled. I noticed you ride the F7 snopro with the track extension in those pictures. I take it the M6 is your new sled. Either way you have two great sleds. Once again great pictures, keep taking them. I got a fever right now and the only cure is some of that deep fluffy powder, haha.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hey awsome pics!! Heres a couple of mine from cooke last winter. Its not who gets stuck its when you get stuck. lol[attachmentid=23292][attachmentid=23293][attachmentid=23294][attachmentid=23295][attachmentid=23296]

Attachments

·
Registered
714 Posts
Man am I envious of you guys.....Someday when I have money I will definetly be going there! Only 959.22 miles from my house :(

·
Registered
19 Posts
Man am I envious of you guys.....Someday when I have money I will definetly be going there! Only 959.22 miles from my house :(
[/b]
Dont feel bad its 870 miles for us, but once you go youll be hooked on going back again and again. Its addicting! We already have plans on going for a week in december. I cant wait its just around the corner.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Hey I work in a small town of Renville, (not too far from Montevideo), HWY 212 cuts right through the city and goes into SD........I am about 45 minutes from the boarder....maybe we should hook up sometime for a ride, would be nice to ride with someone else that has a longtrack.......

1 - 17 of 17 Posts