Snowmobile World banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was working on snow4's sled today while she went to watch the GAME (U-M Vs MSU ) at a party. I told her I would do the can since I had some fabing to do for it but she wanted to do the handgaurds and stuff.
So while I was gettiing it done I ran into a couple of things ..., one was the overflow line from the bottle that was melted up against the suitcase. The other was the suitcase was melting the bottom of the belly pan. GOOD thing for the mod :thumbsup: or we would never have found it!
OH ! and here is something I whipped up for those pesky springs :cussing:THAT'S why I kept that :crazy:

Here's a few pics of the day.
[attachment=40055:100_1056.jpg][attachment=40056:100_1058.jpg]
[attachment=40057:100_1061.jpg][attachment=40058:100_1062.jpg]
[attachment=40059:100_1064.jpg]

mutt

Attachments

·
10,054 Posts
I finally broke down and bought the spring tool,,, the time of knuckle busting, flying springs are in the past now.
As you mentioned, a good look over is invaluable. I found a couple of things that easily could have turned into issues this winter had they not been caught and taken care of now.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I finally broke down and bought the spring tool,,, the time of knuckle busting, flying springs are in the past now.
As you mentioned, a good look over is invaluable. I found a couple of things that easily could have turned into issues this winter had they not been caught and taken care of now.[/b]
I'll have to do some fine tuning on it but it works :thumbsup: .

Funny thing I have found more little things on snow4's sled than mine and there the same sled bought at the same time and all. Atleast it's not both of them :slick: Ran into one last yr to during her 136 mod , ended up finding a pin hole in the weld at the end of the exchanger :eek:hmy: .

mutt

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
Ok, I have to know, what's the suit case?

And yes, buying a spring tool is a great idea. I've been using one for the last couple of years, after years of using the next best thing, a shoe lace.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, I have to know, what's the suit case?

It's the factory muffler about the size of a carry on suitcase. Thats how it got it's name . By losing the suitcase for the can it was a 7+lbs weight loss and it has a nice tone .

mutt

·
Registered
443 Posts
what can is it?

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
We used to call the old PRS/F/S chassis muffler a tomato juice can.

·
Registered
443 Posts
sounds good at idle, have you craked it yet? if so is it loud, cause i want one that sounds good going slower but one that isnt loud when i crack it or when im going faster.

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
I use needle nose vice grips on all my springs...Haven't ever had any issues...

Both cans sounds great![/b]
You'd be amazed how much easier it is using a hook or a string.

·
Super Moderator
9,075 Posts
sounds good at idle, have you craked it yet? if so is it loud, cause i want one that sounds good going slower but one that isnt loud when i crack it or when im going faster.[/b]
I think the dynoport is exactly what your looking for, the big barker dynoport is loud, but the trail can like we have is just right. It's got a real deep tone at idle, but not that cracking loud sound at all.

Snow4

1 - 16 of 16 Posts