Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was riding today and heard a few triples go by while we were doing the bladder leak thing. never say never as i say i will never own one it is just not me, but those no matter what make are the nicest sweetest sound one the trails like hamony.

p.s. aside from machzzzz1 who else agrees with me ? lol.  

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Paul, are you talking stock or piped triples?  Yes they do sound nice, but you have to admit the sound of my crankshop piped twin sounds awesome also.  The triples are fairly quiet stock.  Piped is another story.   I think some of the Artic Cat piped triples are extremely loud to me, and I wear hearing aids! I agree, with you, the triple sleds are awesome sounding.  Can't wait to read what Machzzzz1 has to say.  LOL.

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
kid rocker,
now this is going to take some crap but i am not a fan of piped sleds, now i wouldn't dislike someone for having them. i like quiet.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Triple cylinder sleds do sound sweet, i like my 99 triple triple better then the 98 and older cats. They where just to noisey. On big rides the sound even got to me.
I also agree with Paul Yarek that piped sleds are to loud. I rode with a guy yesterday that has a 02 MXZ700 with a can, what a loud sled, I rode behind him for about 2 miles and went further back in the pack, just so i wouldn't have to listen to that crap.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Was out at the Buffalo radar run sat. and after taking a few passes, sat down at the far end ( where the radar guns were) and what SWEET music!!!  Not only are the Trips faster, but the SOUND!!!!  Magnificent!!!!!   Very nice day for racing,,, Don't know for sure how long the track was though, it was at least a 1000'  poss. 1/4 mile,,,,,

·
Registered
741 Posts
I too love the sound of a triple. I have D&D pipes on my zrt600 but they are as quiet or quieter then the sled was stock. My pipes empty into the stock muffler so I have no noise problems at all. I ca't stand it when some hot dog go'es riding by thinkig his sled will beat anybodys because it has a can on it. Kevin

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Paul, my pipes are quiet trail pipes.  They have a little deeper tone than stock.   I like the quiet trail pipes also.  Noise will shut down our trails.  By the way, what do you ride?

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
I love the sound of a triple, i wish my mxz sounded like my old XLT did with a B&B on it , Awsome!

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
The sound should be reason alone to buy them.  

There not as high pitched as the twins are and my favorite thing is when your doing about 60 mph and you press the throttle harder and it just growles.  They also sound awsome at idle.  And nothing beats having 3 pipes sticking out the bottom like a top fuel drag racer.  

As i said in a old post a few guys with piped twins though they were big and when i started the mach even though it wasnt as loud they just new that pipe or no pipe there sled wasnt going to touch it.  THen they come over and ask questions about it.  #1 question how fast does it go.  If you want attention get a Mach or any high end triple.  Even though many people dont buy them or dont want that kind of power everyones curouis when it comes to the triples.

·
Registered
555 Posts
I have a 98 ZRT 600 with stock pipes and a DG silencer (3 glass pack mufflers)

I LOVE THE SOUND! I have my best buds ride it just to hear it from a distance once in a while. ( and to show off a little )

Yes It Is Loud, Throttle in town is not recommended, but who wants to ride in town?

bop bopdbopdbop bop bopdbop bopbop bopdbopdbop bop bopdbop bop BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">bop bopdbopdbop bop bopdbop bopbop bopdbopdbop bop bopdbop bop BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP!!!!!!
[/b][/quote]

LOL!!!

·
Registered
300 Posts
I thought my sled was going to be loud when i thru the pipes on, but it ended up about the same.  Only place it's louder is at idle.
Went out yesterday w/ a couple friends and put on about 55 miles.  I accidentally stopped w/ some people who i thought were my buddies.  I don't know why i just assumed it was them beacuse we usually stop at this point.  I killed the engine and looked up at a couple complete strangers, LOL.  I gave them a good laugh and took off.  When i finally caught my friend in front of me, who was stopped, he said he couldn't believe how quite my sled was.  He thought for sure he would here me buzzing toward him, but didn't.   LMAO, i then gave my buddies a good laugh when i told them i stopped w/ some strangers.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts