Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
G

·
I am a few miles south of Detroit but I ride up by my acrage in Lewiston. Not too many places you can ride here without 5.0 saying something. 2 years ago I rode mine around the block and had a cop at my side door 15 minutes later thinking I was dumb enough to actually answer the door. ha ha :D :p He waited a half an hour for me to come to the door. :doh: I am not that stupid.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
I live in Fenton. (South of Flint) I always ride northern lower or UP. Not enough area to ride down here. Or enough snow usually.

·
Registered
518 Posts
I live near Holland, work in Allegan. Ride in UP and Houghton Lake once in a while.
I was planning on riding near Allegan this year, but have to sell the sled. I just bought it the end of Feb. So if you know anyone that wants a 99 ZR440 Snopro and aluminum trailer, let me know.

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
I ride here if there is snow.but usually I am in the northern lower, michigan,to ride.tatalover were are you located?

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Live/ride when possible, Pontiac Lk. area. Second home, most riding, 3mi S.E. of Gaylord, near Michawaye.

AL

·
Premium Member
5,122 Posts
I'm with Dooman. Most of my time riding is spent in northern Lower Mich. But since I am from just north of Kalamazoo, we do some riding with friends in Allegan Co, but there is rarely enough snow anymore to do it w/o damaging your sled in some way unless you get out there right as it's snowing. It gets beat hard.

zrfam...where are you from in Kalamazoo? I live at Pine Lake.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I live near Pontiac Mi. and I wait until it is snowing hard and then ride I-75, but only with a lot of gas. Since it is snowing, the cops can't catch you. You can go as fast as you want on the road and pass cars doing 20mph. It's a lot of fun. I also ride near Gaylord. I look to ride with anyone that will let me! It might be harder this year as I am rolling out a new product and might not ride as much as I want! But knowing me, I'll still get out there and ride a good bit.

·
Registered
404 Posts
tata, don't forget me, I'm over in laporte...when we get the lake effect the trails around here aren't to bad...don't know if you know or not but they opened up about 70 some miles of trail in edwardsburg, it used to be a private trail, but now the state owns or manages it(haven't riden yet). there's about a 100 mile(there and back) from just south of South Bend Speedway to New Buffalo, the center spot is about right at Galien, rode last season when we had snow and was decent. Also rode up in Allegan/Gobles, nice but gets crowed quick. My motto is "have snow, will travel", I go where the snow is period. Stay in touch, have big enough trailer to haul plenty of sleds. We also go just north of Dowagiac, get on right at Glenwood Snowmobile Sales, they tend to get snow when no one else has any, must be from the lake.

nothing beats the UP though, last march some of the trails were like a luge course, really sweet!

·
Registered
199 Posts
I live in Holly, just south of Flint and right next to Fenton.. I ride here when there is snow.. there is a great power line run a couple miles south of my house..

But I spend most of my time on the snowcross track. If you go to the Silverdome cheer or boo for me a couple times. It's great racing in front of so many people..

·
Registered
512 Posts
I live in Chelsea or near ann arbor! I ride U.P. and in the lower if there is snow. Not alot to talk about latley.. I do most of my bussines at Bob's in Milian.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Jeff and Patty are great people.. They are super nice, you have a great Dealer in Bob's Arctic Cat...

·
Registered
118 Posts
My wife and I live just north of Otsego. I ride mostly in the northern lower peninsula. As Idooski indicated, the Allegan trail system gets beat hard.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Originally posted by T_Cat@Oct 2 2002, 03:02 AM
I live in Holly, just south of Flint and right next to Fenton.. I ride here when there is snow.. there is a great power line run a couple miles south of my house..

But I spend most of my time on the snowcross track. If you go to the Silverdome cheer or boo for me a couple times. It's great racing in front of so many people..
Maybe you can give me directions to that power line trail. Is it legal? I'm the guy in Fenton.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts