Snowmobile World banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
903 Posts
Definitely not 1/4-1/2 past finger tight...I know that's too loose.

I just tighten the plugs with a firm two hands until I would need to push it hard to move it any further. I know that sounds vague...but I've never had a problem with not getting plugs out.

Even if you just finger tightened the plugs, I can't imagine gas/oil coming out from the plugs. I can't help you hhere, but that sounds like another problem.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Definitely not 1/4-1/2 past finger tight...I know that's too loose.

I just tighten the plugs with a firm two hands until I would need to push it hard to move it any further. I know that sounds vague...but I've never had a problem with not getting plugs out.

Even if you just finger tightened the plugs, I can't imagine gas/oil coming out from the plugs. I can't help you hhere, but that sounds like another problem.[/b]
YOUR RIGHT tHEY ARE SUPPOSE TO BE TIGHT, AND the correct way to tighten a sparkplug is, for a 98 mxz670, IS use a torque wrench with proper socket,(calls for loctite antizeze Spred thin) AND TORQUE TO TWENTY POUNDS. should cure the plugs leaking ,crash dummy

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When they are tight and the head is warm, carefull when pulling them out. You run the risk of stripping the head, and that's just no fun at all...[/b]
DID NOT NO THAT<allso found out from a pro racer not to worry about wetness around plugs, taking head off next season and re tapping threads, mite help the problem thanks.dave

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.