Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
903 Posts
Definitely not 1/4-1/2 past finger tight...I know that's too loose.

I just tighten the plugs with a firm two hands until I would need to push it hard to move it any further. I know that sounds vague...but I've never had a problem with not getting plugs out.

Even if you just finger tightened the plugs, I can't imagine gas/oil coming out from the plugs. I can't help you hhere, but that sounds like another problem.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Definitely not 1/4-1/2 past finger tight...I know that's too loose.

I just tighten the plugs with a firm two hands until I would need to push it hard to move it any further. I know that sounds vague...but I've never had a problem with not getting plugs out.

Even if you just finger tightened the plugs, I can't imagine gas/oil coming out from the plugs. I can't help you hhere, but that sounds like another problem.[/b]
YOUR RIGHT tHEY ARE SUPPOSE TO BE TIGHT, AND the correct way to tighten a sparkplug is, for a 98 mxz670, IS use a torque wrench with proper socket,(calls for loctite antizeze Spred thin) AND TORQUE TO TWENTY POUNDS. should cure the plugs leaking ,crash dummy

·
Registered
211 Posts
When they are tight and the head is warm, carefull when pulling them out. You run the risk of stripping the head, and that's just no fun at all...

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When they are tight and the head is warm, carefull when pulling them out. You run the risk of stripping the head, and that's just no fun at all...[/b]
DID NOT NO THAT<allso found out from a pro racer not to worry about wetness around plugs, taking head off next season and re tapping threads, mite help the problem thanks.dave

1 - 5 of 5 Posts