Snowmobile World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i got a #### of a deal on br9eya spark plugs on e bay what is the diffrence and does anybody know if they are interchangable i have 3 yams that take br9es need to know if i can use them

·
Registered
72 Posts
YES they'll work just fine(hope you're not useing br9es's in an srx)
"B" is thread diameter (14mm)
"R" is resistor
"9" is heat range
"E" is thread reach (length)
"s" stands for standard electrode
"y" stands for grooved electrode
"a" is a special shaped electrode

sizes & temps are right!

·
Registered
756 Posts
it is not recommended to use EYA's in anything other than the cat's that call for them. they are an antifouling design that runs a little hotter, even being a 9 heat range plug.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
why shouldnt i run br9s in the srx ?i was refering to my vmax and xlv's when i asked. i have a vintage snowmobile repair manual that states the srx should use b9ev is this correct if not what plug do you recommend

·
Registered
72 Posts
Heat range is 9 but it's not a 9 because -----, hhmm
Is this some asume cat folklore, or can you elaborate?
new shstuff is always cool to learn but I'm still alittle reserved on this info.

·
Registered
72 Posts
srx's (new triple srx's) use ecs plugs to keep the tip from over heeting on extended wide open running, old srx's can run es,ev,evx,ecs,& unless we learn somthing new eya's. ev's & evx's beeing the bst choices to keep from fouling

·
Registered
756 Posts
gee lets see yes the ECS is an anti detonation design the tip will not overheat. EYA is an antifouling design it is longer to the ceramic. I believe the EYA will heat up too much at the tip & cause detonation. Its antifouling it must be hotter somehow yes? The recommendations from NGK are there for a reason don't you think?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts