Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have this old blizzard engine, believe its a 340 out of a 7500... basically i'm trying to figure out if what it may fit, does anyone have any good online resources for checking stroke, bore etc?

I'm trying to find a crank to fit in a 467.. I know the blizzards released 7500,6500,9500 etc, just wondering if this crank was the same as the 462/463 which in turn is the same as the 467 crank wise..

Any help is appreciated, just trying to get my dad's work horse skidoo mx back working with out spending a fortune, I managed to get a crank dirt cheap that the rod's were longer, think thats a 521/583/617 crank! Pain in the a**....

This crank from the 340 will definitely fit in the casing by the looks of it.. just gotta figure out if the rod's are the same length basically...

I have tried using replacement parts books but it is very confusing(looks up pistons etc)... It does appear the stroke is both 61 mm on both of these from what I can read... Or Kimpex shows both rods being 120 mm in length, Replacement pistons for the MX are 69.5x61, and for the 340 are 59.5 x 61???

This is a 5th machine, basically used for hauling wood outta the bush so please dont suggest buying a new crank, lol..

Thanks.................

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
The problem isn't the stroke on these two motors, it's the ignition systems. The 340 Type 354 and the 440 Type 454 are the same 61 mm stroke and employ Bosch Polarfire and the 467 Type 462 uses a Nippon Denso. The flywheel key position is different on these two.

·
Premium Member
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The problem isn't the stroke on these two motors, it's the ignition systems. The 340 Type 354 and the 440 Type 454 are the same 61 mm stroke and employ Bosch Polarfire and the 467 Type 462 uses a Nippon Denso. The flywheel key position is different on these two.[/b]

DAMN.. ill have to look at that.. maybe I can turn the plate enough to adjust for this.... Or make my own key spot =)

:confused:

·
Premium Member
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You were right ThumbDoctor the key is 45 degree out from one crank to another,

that sux... I guess ill keep looking, maybe ill put the crappy blizzard ignition system on the 467 =P Its the same stroke, it should work lol

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
If you are very steady with a Dremel tool, you can cut a new key way in the MAG end using a small cut off wheel. The half moon key may need to be back cut a little. You need to transfer the correct coordinates and start grinding. Once done, the taper holds the flywheel just fine. Note** check the MAG taper first !!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts