Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:devil: I was wondering how has the record for 500 feet on ice and for 1000 and 1320 on ash faltand snow if any one knows would apricated thanks

·
Registered
93 Posts
MARV JORGENSON HAD A 1000 FT. RECORD WITH JAWS III 192 MPH THATS MOVIN', I ALSO HAVE A FRIEND THAT HAS A WILDCAT THAT DOES 110 MPH IN 550 FT. :hallo1:

·
Registered
179 Posts
:devil: 192 mile per hour on a snowmobile? that's ####ing flying and is your friends wild cat from nova scotia i saw a monster cat laster year it was a wild cat body with a dallton symbol on the hood and it must have had NOS set up in it the ####ing thing looked like it was going to flip over half way down the track the skis were all ready in the air and then she just reared back again about 350 feet down the track what a monster

·
Registered
93 Posts
I RACE WITH PEOPLE THAT HAVE VERY FAST MACHINES, THAT SAME FRIEND OF MINE HAS A 2 TIME WORLD RECORD HOLDER 1976 YAMAHA SRX 340 THAT IS FUEL INJECTED, IT RUNS 660 FT DRAG RACING, I HAVE A MOTOR IN MY RACE SLED THAT HELD THE NSSR WORLD RECORD IN 1000 FT. AT 121 MPH IN THE IMP. STOCK 600 CLASS, ITS A 1994 POLARIS XLT SP, I RAN 108 MPH LAST WINTER AND I HOPE TO GO FASTER THIS YEAR WITH THE EXTRA MODS I DID TO THAT SLED. :)

·
Registered
660 Posts
WOW BLOB!

121 mph improved stock 600! I'm glad I ain't runing againt you!

I've been trying to get past 104 in my improved 600. I have seen the same sled as mine do 108.15 and thats my goal. ( xcr 600)

121 is a great run man!

·
Registered
348 Posts
YEAH 192 IS VERY FAST, THE RECENT RECORD IS 158.65 BY DAN STROM AT HAYWARD WINTERFEST 02. I HAVE A 01 POLARIS XC 600 SP I HOLD THE RECORD IN 600S STOCK CLASS
107.6 IN 1000FT AT WINTERFEST TWO YEARS IN A ROW, I WISH SPEED RUNNING WOULD GET MORE RECOGNIZTION. I HAVE FUN RACING I STRONGLY SUGGEST TRYING IT.
IF YOUR FROM MN,WI AREA OR WANT TO CHECK OUT OUR WEB SITE IT HAS RESULTS AND SCHEDULE FOR THE UPCOMING YEAR AND MUCH MORE WWW.CSERACING.COM
CHECK IT OUT!

·
Registered
348 Posts
Hey blob what year did you set thatIMP STK 600 nssr record? We raced nssr in 94 till it shut down
and do not remember 121mph. mike gervais had 119 on a 95 xcr 600 not a xlt.
my mother set the records 98, 99, 00 on her zrt 600.

·
Registered
93 Posts
IT WAS TONY LINDSTROM ON HIS XLT AT ROUND LAKE UP IN MCGREGOR AND MIKE GERVAIS WAS WITH HIM WHEN HE DID THAT 121 MPH UNOFFICIALLY, I NOW HAVE THAT SAME MOTOR IN MY XLT, I KNOW MIKE GERVAIS VERY WELL I TALK TO HIM ALL THE TIME AND HE HELPED ME SET UP MY SLED FOR THIS WINTER, I KNOW THAT YOUR WHOLE FAMILY RACES RYAN, ITS THE DOBERSTEINS WITH CRE RACING TEAM AND I THINK THAT IS GREAT! I HAVE SEEN YOU GUYS AT SOME OF THE RACES I WENT TO THE LAST FEW YEARS. YOUR MOM RACES HER ZRT 600 IN THE IMP 600 CLASS THAT IS COOL, THE ONLY THING BAD ABOUT THAT IS I HAVE TO RACE AGAINS HER AND GET MY BUT KICKED BY HER, JUST LET ME KNOW THE RACES YOU GUYS ARE NOT GOING TO SO I CAN TRY TO GET A TROPHY OK! THANKS :)

·
Registered
348 Posts
Blob did not mean to be a snob or anything just my old man was curious. We raced against gervais alot he was very tough to beat. We wil be going to most of the races posted on our site.
My dad is involved with SLSA a speed run assoc started last year so will be at all those races for sure and rush lake is another he is involved with, now french lake too www.frenchlakesnow.com. Check ou mnusa snow magazine they have schedules for all over the state and W wisconsin or snow week has some listings.
good luck this year

·
Registered
179 Posts
:devil: My cusion JOEY CAPSTICk how lives in Nova Scotia Has the record in 1320 on pavement he has a monster cat i'll try and get the speed and time for ya some time this week and has anyone heard of GORD MAC DONALD Also from nova scotia he has a skidoo and i belive he has the record for 1000 pro stock in 500 opr660 on ice he's in the crank shop b rowsur he's 88x well have a great seson

·
Registered
731 Posts
Tim Hutchinson has the Open-Mod 1000 World record / 4.29 seconds 500 foot grass on his Polaris / HTG / Wahl sled. I don't have mph but it's in 113~114 area.

Mike Knapp has a new world record of 8.697 seconds at 153.61 m.p.h. 1320 feet asphalt.

·
Registered
93 Posts
HEY RYAN I HAVE BEEN ON YOUR WEB SITE ALOT I THINK ITS GREAT, IT GOT ME TO THIS WEB SITE, A FRIEND OF MINE ALSO HELPS OUT UP ON RUSH LAKE HIS NAME IS BRADY NEWMAN HE WORKS WITH MY BROTHER, I STARTED OUT RACING LATE IN LIFE NOW THAT I AM 44YEARS OLD, I HAVE A SON THATS IN A WHEEL CHAIR THATS 19 YEARS OLD AND LOVES TO COME TO ALL THE RACES, MY PARENTS ALSO COME AND WATCH ME ALSO, I THINK THATS GREAT, IF I GO TO THE RUSH LAKE RACE I WILL LOOK YOU UP TO MEET YOU, IF I CAN GET MY SLED TO RUN GOOD I WILL BRING IT THERE, GOOD LUCK RACING THIS YEAR ALSO. :)

·
Registered
158 Posts
Remember, Speed runs and radar runs are for speed only, Drag racing is for time with a speed against a competitor. Radar runs use a radar gun to get the speeds of the sleds. Speed runs use photo eye traps to get your speed. Speed runs usually are the most accurate speeds. This year a select group of racers in Minnesota are building "open" speed sleds. Expect to see low to mid 160's mph in 1000'. !!!

·
Registered
233 Posts
I've taken my radar gun to many speed runs with the eye traps. The radar speeds are always different.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Speed traps are more consistant. Radar guns have a converstion time as much as 1/2 second between readings.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I'm going to guess Allen is Al. Glad you have come to the site as many of us will want to tap you for info. The 800 cce ran great after I put in the clutch kit you set me up with. Thank you. To the other members on SW, the people from CSE are VERY fast, friendly, and always willing to help make us faster. SW just got lucky on this one.

·
Registered
45 Posts
A Union Bay powered sled recently set the World Top Speed record at 167 +/- mph. That's a single engine class.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts