Snowmobile World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are the Kimpex speedster tracks any good? Are they good for some speed? I'm currently running a Ski-Doo track with shaved lugs for radar runs. Kimpex claims 32 lbs. I'm not sure what a 121" Doo track weighs.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Something thats interesting is if you look at the weights of the tracks between a .5 and a 1" track there within 4 or 5 lbs. I would of thought that a spped track would of saved a ton of weight over a .25" higher trail track.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Its not really the weight that is the big deal.. After all a speed track is usually filled with studs. Regular lugs on tracks create a fan action in the tunnel the bigger the lugs the more air is fanned through the tunnel, which in turns slows you down on speed runs. A speed track is also alot stiffer than a regular track so you can back off on track tension more so than you could a regular track, this in turn would reduce your rolling resistance, which in turn allows you to go faster. I use camoplast's speed track and have had good luck with it. Not sure how the kimpex ones are. But if you want to go faster on a hard pack surface go with the speed track :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts