I think you would be last in line. But by how much I don't know

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Like Rocketman said

·
Registered
56 Posts
i've seen all 3 raced and the 670 always pulled out in front, but on the long strech the polaris had them by a sled lengh. it was darn close though.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Sharkey, I think they were talkin about a Mxz owned by somene without your tuning skill. Could is a relative word, and I would have to say either out of the box, or just with clutch and picks it would be 700,670, and 600. We could always go to national race results...but then the who knows how to cheat better thread would come up. What will you be riding this year?

·
Registered
99 Posts
670, 700, 600!  Short distance or long distance same results.  I never had an XC700 pull away from me on top end with my 97 670.  I have never raced with one with my 99 HO but I think I know what the results would be.

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
the ho was good but it failed in comparison to the 700 that I bought in 2000 ,yes I did have both at the same time. the ho never,I repeat never beat the 700.pic of my wife myself and the 670 HO in front '00 700 we are on.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I can second that, I raced my dad on his mxz 700 a bunch of times and I got him in the beginning but then over about an 1/8 mile he would pull away. I always smoked the xc 700, I think it was a 97 though.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Call it rider error or whatever but, a buddy of mine has a 97 670ho and I have a 02' 600xc and we have raced many of times on lakes and hard pack.  He has NEVER beet me, we never really have set finish lines but most races are pretty long.  Oh and both sleds are stock, oh and times and temps are not a factor cuz we've pretty much raced in all temps from -30 to 30 above with the same jets and results are the same.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I have beat MXZ700s, XC700s, and XC600s with the 97 MXZ670 that I had.  It was very well maintained and I always kept everything adjusted and aligned properly.  It was stock except for some clutch parts and a tempa-flow.  I ran the limiter strap very short which was good for 5 or 6mph in a quarter mile on ice.  If they are set up correctly they are hard to beat. Since they are getting old and most of them are not well kept they may not seem fast compared to newer sleds.  If they are in excellent shape they are!  I now have a 99 670 HO and it is a bit faster than the 97 but not alot.  I have not raced any MXZ700s with it but I am confident that most of them would not give it any competition.

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
not give it any competition come on now, dont lie to us
i know they are quick bit i always manage to take them with mine

1 - 13 of 13 Posts