Snowmobile World banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read in one of my sled magazines that speedwerx has an awesome setup for the new 900, but can't find anything on the net about it. Anyone had any luck finding any info. on it?
Also waiting for D&D to get a setup for the 900 on their site...

·
Registered
959 Posts
geez man you already got a green rocket ship and your tryin to make if faster hehe ..that-a-boy :p dont break the sound barier now :D

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by Team_Arctic@Oct 24 2002, 07:30 PM
:p dont break the sound barier now :D
That's the plan.haha Like I said, the 900 is expected to whoop the smaller twins, so I gotta make sure no "little" F7 or 800 sleeper sneak past me.LOL ;)

·
Registered
959 Posts
go get em man! the only sleeper you gotta worrie about is me in chemisty!! hahaa

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
I agree phazerhater. Its no fun to be stock. Always gotta have that little extra edge. We'll have to try and hookup and go for a ride sometime this winter. Don't know if i'll be able to keep up though.

·
Registered
741 Posts
I called and talked to them about the "kit" Although they couldn't provide me with any jetting to even get "close" at this time I believe I am going to go with speedwerx. D&D doesn' make a head such as BM or SW I like to be able to put my sled back to stock (resale?) I am going to get my pipe and clutch kit next weekend at Novi that way he said I won't have to pay for shipping. I already bought the head, reeds and spacer kit. I also have a powerbreather. Kevin

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by zr500@Oct 24 2002, 08:33 PM
I agree phazerhater. Its no fun to be stock. Always gotta have that little extra edge. We'll have to try and hookup and go for a ride sometime this winter. Don't know if i'll be able to keep up though.
We'll definitly have to try and hook up! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by sleddinfool@Oct 24 2002, 08:54 PM
I called and talked to them about the "kit" Although they couldn't provide me with any jetting to even get "close" at this time I believe I am going to go with speedwerx. D&D doesn' make a head such as BM or SW I like to be able to put my sled back to stock (resale?) I am going to get my pipe and clutch kit next weekend at Novi that way he said I won't have to pay for shipping. I already bought the head, reeds and spacer kit. I also have a powerbreather. Kevin
That baby should scream when you get it all put on!! Should chew up and spit out most trips. you come across! Let me know what you think when you get it all done since that is pretty much the same set up I'm looking at.
I have the VF3 reeds and Powerbreather already and would like to get a good clutch set up on before the snow flies. I'll look into the pipes and head mods after I get her broke in. ;)

·
Registered
108 Posts
phazerhater, look in the November issue of Snowgoer, they have an article about the ZR900. 168 HP.

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by zr800cc@Oct 25 2002, 03:16 PM
phazerhater, look in the November issue of Snowgoer, they have an article about the ZR900. 168 HP.
Ya I read the article and wanted to check it out on their website, but nothing is listed for the 900 there. I'll just end up having to call them.
Thanks though. :D

·
Registered
48 Posts
I just ordered for my ZR900 a clutch kit w/titanium springs and my super single pipe and silencer from speedwerx. I have had lots of good luck with their products and so far good luck with their tech support. I will only be jetting up I believe one jet size. They claim 11hp on the pipe and an additional couple if you use their silencer. I have an R/T silencer on it now, but I may be changing it, it may not flow enough for what that pipe wants to flow. Oh yeah, Its ceramic coated so it looks SWEET! allot better than just your usuall Black coatings.

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What size weights are they running with their kit? I'm curious if they are into the biggest weights with less spring, or less weight with stiffer spring. I personaly prefer to tune with the most weight the sled can pull and go from there with springs and helix....
You should snap some pics of the engine with the new pipe and silencer.
Also, are you planning on getting a set of reeds? I spoke with speedwerx and they said they had better luck with the Boyeseen RAD series rather than the VF3 reeds I had bought just prior to speaking with them, figures!haha

·
Registered
48 Posts
Yes Phazerhater I may end up still getting reeds but I am going to wait awhile. I want to feel it out first I may not spend the extra$$ if you know what I mean. They aren't the cheapest bolt on available. If and when I do I will most likely go with the V-force, The only reason why is because that is all I have run for years in my Banshee's and swear by them. I know its kind of hard to compare fourwheeler 2-strokes to snowmobile's because snowmobiles are so much more radical, but I have tried Boysens Rads in my banshees and was not as imipressed. But it is a hole different story on a snowmobile. Also, I have someone else setting up my clutch so I am not sure what he was planning on doing with weights and springs. He ordered what he needed and I will write the check. I am not very good with the clutching on snowmobiles, but the motor is a different story.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
The 900 is the fastest stock sled on the snow period..........I only got 500 miles on her last year but they were a fast 500 and nothing will touch it.......

·
Registered
677 Posts
i agree those 900's are fast,they are the fastes sled that cat has and they should give the MACH all it can handle.

·
Registered
741 Posts
I bought my pipe from speedwerx last night at Novi. They said they are about two weeks out with the actual clutch kits. They said they need snow to test and have guys testing right now. They told me two sizes up on jets maybe three with a powerbreather and their pipe. A lot of people at the show had their 900 clutch kits out with them--- either they have seen some snow or are usng the 2002.5 kits, which may be different due to the gearing change. One guy had his 900 clutch kits in ziploc bags-hmmm would I trust him-- I think not. Kevin :(

1 - 16 of 16 Posts