Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife hates to sled and worries everytime I go.  Mainly because a past boyfriend was killed in a sled accident.  How about yours?  Needless to say, she was pissed when I bought our 3 year old a Kitty Cat.  I just told her "tough"!  My little one likes daddie's green lawnmower.  The first time she saw it I rode it on the grass to the well pit to wash it from the winter grime and she said she wanted her own lawnmower so 2 days later there was a Kitty Cat in the garage.

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
I'm married to my sled

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
My wife grew up on a sled and loves the sport. She's not too crazy about me going out with just the boys because she's left behind. I'll have to get her her own sled.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I've been riding for... **counts on his fingers**..... **and toes**.... 13 years now, wow, thats scary..... mostly with my father and some of my friends.....

I finally broke down this year and took my girlfriend on a few trips with me, riding two up on my ZL500..... it was ok.... little tricky riding two up but not that bad.....

Well, we got a chance to go up with a friend of ours who has two sleds, and let me ride one of his, so I let my girlfriend ride the ZL by herself.....

To make a long story short, when we got done riding and got back home, she asked me how much I wanted for the sled and if I could afford springing for a new sled this year, so she could buy mine!!!!......

I about fell off the chair...... then proceeded to pick out my favorite decal package for the new F5 firecat.....LOL.... so, it will be interesting who will be following who's snowflap this year.  Based on how quickly she picked up riding, I could be in for some serious competition....

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
<----Envious.  I wish I could share the sport with my wife like you guys do.

I feel like the 5th wheel when its time to do the couples trips.

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Like the commercial, she said "me or snowmobiling". Unlike the commercial... I don't miss her!

AL

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
She enjoys it and will ride sometimes........for short rides! She is excellant about all the money I spend on the sport and she understands when the snow flies thats where i will be.......riding..........of course she worries everytime i go out but thats cause she loves me

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
My last ex , well two new sleds and a new mountain bike in a 24hr period didn't settle well. Bills paid and child taken care of god forbid we spend on ourselves. She's not missed. I had an ex years agao that was pissed that she was getting a purple Jag 440 deluxe after seeing the new zr600(98) sitting next to it. Said it was ugly, go figure. Atleast she knew she'd never change my toy habit.  Next woman has to like sleds and M-bikes or it's no dice.
Caleb

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
I have been fighting with my wife for 19 years over snowmobiling!! She tried it when we first married, it's to cold, it's to bumpy, you go to fast, you ride to long, cry,cry,cry..
I hand her the paycheck to pay bills and whatever else she needs. I work side jobs all summer to entirely fund my habit and she bitch's she want's all that too!!

Can you spell     D.I.V.O.R.C.E.     Honey  

·
Registered
625 Posts
I cannot go sledding without my wife, she LOVES sledding, and I love having her along as my riding partner. Whenever we are away from home riding, she is always up at the crack of dawn ready to go. I highly recommend a few things.....a good sled with decent suspension (a 71 nordic wont cut it), ski's that dont dart much, something fairly quiet, keep it in tip top shape, communicators (a big plus, puts them at ease), heated helmet shield, good boots, gloves, bibs, Jacket etc... and good "long Johns". The wife has all of the above items, and she does ZERO complaining, she just rides, as much as 325 miles in a day! sorry I cant comment on "leaving the wife at home" it is never gonna happen.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Considering my wife doesn't like the cold, snow or speed, and knows someone who was crippled in an accident, I would say she pretty much doesn't like it. But I have been sledding now for over 10 years and only married for 2, so she has gotten used to me going. It gives me time away with my brother, uncles and cousins.  Just the boys of the family, playing with their sleds in the white gold.

·
Registered
79 Posts
my wife likes to go on the short rides.not much more than 80 or 90 miles.she never says any thing as long as her sled is ready to go .the one thing that bugs her is the constant talk of snowmobiles that me and my friends do all year long .

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
She loves it, mabey too much when just the guys want to go for a rip and she wants to go too.

·
Registered
752 Posts
There is no "boys rides " , there is no "leaving her behind" . My wife grew up on sleds and has probably rode more miles than I have . When I go she goes , we actually do most of our riding together without anybody else joining us. I made her ride a 250 citation one year and then bought her a 98 Classic touring 500 . She rides as well as any man and more importantly I enjoy her company more .

·
Registered
483 Posts
Well, since I sold my old sled to buy her the engagement ring, you would have thought when it was time to get a new one, she would see it my way-wrong(lesson for you single guys-don't get rid of the toys). Bought a new sled, to her disliking...but she got over it (I think)...complains that sledding is all I ever talk about, think about..which is true...been riding since I was 8 ..lot of years in between without one. I think she is coming around now though, said she would try to go for a ride this year on it....of course it didn't snow
Now I have to get my daughter interested in it  

·
Registered
2,908 Posts
he better not go without me LOL seriously he rarely rides without me and im always able to go.i love it and can ride as long as the guys.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Well, I can't complain. My wife said I needed a sled. I told her to research the cost for me as we had talked about it for 5 years. She said she found a Mach Z and it was the biggest (800) for the least money. I said, well we have to do what is economical!! She bought me the sled and has been riding my butt for me to take it to Bill Cudney and have the full port, cylinder lift and head cut treatment. She also is on me because I don't race it. She doesn't ride due to some health problems but will go and sit in our van for three hours while I race around a lake. Here is the problem, she doesn't like losers. So, if I were to race, I have to win or she looks for another man!! That's why I hesitiate to enter the "race" arena full time. I have it tough, but I guess it could be worse......

1 - 20 of 46 Posts