Snowmobile World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What kind of springs should I get for my rear suspension?? Who makes them? And do they make a noticable difference? They are for the Penske custom AXIS shock. SC10-II skid.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Are you refering to the rear torsion springs?

If you are, you purchase springs based on manufacturer recomended rear "sag"

"SAG" is the height of the Bumper before sitting, less the height of the bumper when you are sitting on the sled. (sled fluids all topped of, and you in full riding gear)

Torsion springs are sold by rod diameter. The bigger the diameter, the stiffer range. Your dealer has ridder weight charts that will specify which rod diameter to use.

Find out what the Ride "sag" is suppose to be for optimal performance, then measure your "sag"

It is best that you achieve desired sag when torsion springs are at the MIDDLE adjustment. This way you have control to re-adjust for a stiffer or softer ride.

For the best performance, there are a few good titanium aftermarket springs that offer better finish and 40% weight reduction.

Let me know if this is what you needed. I wasn't sure if you were refering to front spring or rear torsion springs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts