Snowmobile World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a better ride (still) in 98 ck3 700. The front spring rate on a mach is 85, where as a mxz is 125 i think. Has anyone ever tried different spring rates in a ck3- The machs are long and loft, what about a shorter stiffer? Doo offers a wide range of lbs and lengths, anyone ever try different rates? The 85 pounds just pounds into any bumps, especialy small stutters.

In referance to the twin vs triple debate, what is so great about the zx vs the ck3. Is it the chassis or the suspension setup that makes the zx better. I think that changing shock angles would make a big difference.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
The Zx and CK3 are very diffrent.  The zx rider is sitting very up right and the ck3 makes you sit reclined.  

This is an advantage if your drag racing or radar running.  Sitting reclined help not get thrown over the wind shild if you hit somthing going fast like a hard lump of snow.  The Zx will send you over with out thinking about it.  

I wish i could put a taller set of shocks on the front of my mach.  Like the ones on the formula.  I dont know if this is possible to do but its probably hard because of all the steering.

I also find the HPG shocks on the skis to be a little weak for the weight of the mach.  I will replace mine with ohlins for next year and that will probably help alot.

In the mean time if anyone can tell me whats involved with getting the ride hight of the formula 3 please let me know.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Machzzzz1,

Didn't the 98 Mach's come with taller springs in the front?  I think they had around 8"
I would like to gain some travel up front as well.  I'll have to get a closer look at a 98 and see what the difference is.

If you find out anything I would like to hear about it.
Thanks
      Mike

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Mach's are 17" Formula's are 18".  I have a pair of 18" off my 00 formula for $100.00 springs and all.

Machzzzzzz1, the taller shock will fit your Z but you will suffer in cornering and gain in big bumps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts