Snowmobile World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I HAVE AN SRX 2002 WITH SOME MODS BUT IM HAVING SOME PROBLEMS WITH THE KNOCK SENCER LIGHT BLINKING MOST OF THE TIME DOSE ANYONE HAVE SOME TRICKS TO BYPASS THIS SENCER. THANKS

·
Registered
731 Posts
I don't think you would want to remove/jump that system.
It should only come on if it trying to save the engine (& you some $$$ ) from knocking it self to death.
Are you sure it's not poor fuel, or your squish is to tight?

Anyone have more info on this system please post.

Last edited by toydoc at Sep. 08, 2002, 08:35am

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its not the fuel because im running 94 octaine fuel its got trail porting and the head has the correct squish because its been done by a yamaha shop. the light starts blinking arround 140kph its got a clutch kit.what if i just move it to another place on the engine. i think that the light comes on because of the clutch kit. if so i just want to deaden the vibes that it causes so that it wont retard the timming and my rpms can continue climbing faster. thanks.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
I definitly agree with toydoc on this one.  The knock sensor is one area where yamaha desirves credit.  It listens for vibrations in the block and retards the timing to avoid a melt down.

If your sensor is going off you may be detonating and if you are you will hole a piston real fast.  So make sure all your carbs are cleaned, fuel is good, and check to see if there is a way you can see if the sensor is broken.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts