Snowmobile World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently purchased a 1994 Indy trail with less than 1000 miles. The seat has a mark on it that I can't get off. I have tried Fantastic and scrubbed with a with a nylon brush, varsol, TKO Orange, Castrol super clean, and none work. Looks like a trailer tire was left on the seat.

Any ideas?

Attachments

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
Castrol Super Clean worked wonders on my green ZR seat

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
looks like rust, try clr it's a little better with rust than vinegar. other then that with what you have tried i would leave it because you'll be ruining the seat.

·
Registered
657 Posts
looks like rust, try clr it's a little better with rust than vinegar. other then that with what you have tried i would leave it because you'll be ruining the seat.[/b]
I agree... I've damaged vinyl before by using too harsh an abrassive :bash: Totally sucks to see the finish wash off onto the cloth.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
What color is it organally , by the looks in the pic it was tan and faded except where the tire was and up by the tank and that wont come out. try some wesley's tire bleach dulute it down some. I used to clean my yellow zx with it and it worked great.
Just be carfull with all the cleaners , they will dry it out and crack down the road from the cleaners removing the oils from the fabric . be sure to amorall it when done or somthing.

mutt

1 - 9 of 9 Posts