Snowmobile World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks,

I have a 2002 MXZ 500 Fan that has been sitting for a while. Two years in a row have been tough here in New Hampshire with very little snow. I did not even ride one day last winter and I was beginning to think this year would be the same. Well we finally got a Nor'easter with 2+ feet of snow so I pulled out my sled and tried to start it. After about a half dozen pulls the start cord will not retract back in. I called the local dealer hoping that I could get it in to the shop before the weekend, but apparently the snow storm has every one else thinking the same thing - the guy is buried with calls and can't help me until next week sometime.

While I am certainly no mechanic, I do have at the very least some mechanical aptitude. If the fix is not too involved, I could probably do it myself. Can anyone give me a clue on where to start. Any advice is much appreciated - thanx, Harry

·
Registered
335 Posts
We have an03' MXZ550 fan and I have the CD shop manual for it... I don't see what would be wrong with me sending you the exploded diagrahm of the starter recoil assembly if I can copy it .. PM me if you think this would help.. EDIT:.. oops! I have the CD shop manual for my 98' formula 3 700 and NOT for the MXZ 550 fan.. Sorry about that..

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Here's everything about recoils you wanna know but were afraid to ask...!!!

[attachment=33664:recoil.doc]

You might want to consider dumping the old gas and flushing out the entire fuel system with fresh gas and cleaning the greenie meanies out of the carbs.

Good Luck !!!

T.D.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts