Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
EXCELLENT JOB!

I must do the same with my 11 day old.

First you must train her the basics,engine mods,clutching,piping,jetting.

Then next week its off to the track for 1/4 mile runs.  

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Kids are the best! I'm sure you'll be buying the miniz soon to!!!!! Sled heads have bad in these summer months! Your baby is a doll, must get it from mom!

Caleb

A

·
0 Posts
Good job.  I waited until my daughter was 3 years old.  Now I have to battle the wife. lol  

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
My oldest daughter started watching the sled shows with me when she was still on a bottle (6 months-1yr). Now she wants to ride all the time. Even now she wants to know when we're going for a ride.

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">what age do you guys make em ride alone on a mini ? my daughter is going to be 2 in july. I think 4 is a good age ?[/b][/quote]

As soon as she understands the ideas of throttle, brake and steering, she should be cruising around the yard.  Maybe just throttle and steering.

·
Registered
282 Posts
When my son was 6 months old I bought him a downhill sled that looks like a snowmobile and he uses it all over the house. He is 3 1/2 now and does nac-nacs, can-cans, heelclickers, no footers, and tries supermans! ( Thanks Slednecks!! ) He is getting his Polaris 120 in the next few weeks and will be racing next winter in the Micro 4-7 stock class. I run snocross and ecrytime I load up the sled he is waiting at the door and asks: " We going to races??" I am more excited about him racing next year than myself (especially after the response from the Polaris race dept. but that is a whole other issue). Now we are expecting another child the first week of July so there will be another sledhead in my house but the wife is hoping for a girl. She claims that there is to much testosterone in the house (4 males and her; Son, myself and two male dogs).
My son all ready has my favorite saying down: "Cat's suck!!" Just friendly ribbing on my buddys because I am the lone Polaris rider in the group and catch a lot of flack so I needed to get him headed down the right path. Don't get me wrong it is just all in the name of fun and games. Ride what you want just make sure you ride it!!!  

·
Registered
84 Posts
I got my son on the sled when he was about 2 mo. old. !!! LOL! 

He is now 6 months and I can't wait until he can ride with me.  

I have talked to people and they say the biggest problem for the young ones is finding a helmet for them and them being able to hold the weight.

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
Nice Pics guys.  Congrats'

I was going to have kids, but I bought a boat instead.

FishHog

·
Registered
2,908 Posts
PLEASE REMEMBER NOT TO RIDE WITH CHILDREN ON SNOWMOBILES UNTILL AT LEAST 3YRS OF AGE AS THEY COULD SUFFER FROM SHAKEN BABY SYNDROME.Their little spinal cord could become detached from the brain stem.After3 is O.K but make sure they are wearing helmets.My daughter got her first riding in this winter, now she wants her own

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Thanks that info LadyK, I hadn't though of that for likea two year old. Very good point.
Caleb

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
for everybody that have a young one or more in their family i suggest you get the book "raising positve kids in a negative world" by zig ziglar.

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
Not a chance Doing the doo.

No offence, but if I get my wife around them little ones too much, she starts to think less and less of the boat.

FishHog

·
Registered
2,908 Posts
Fishhog bring the mrs. around the worst behaved children you can find,first give them big bags of candy,then take them to somewhere they should be behaving like the museum or something.That should cure your mrs.

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
FishHog, i would never trade my kids for a boat ! its the best thing that could ever happen to me, i have 3 and love them all more than my sled. there is always lots of time for a boat when the kids are older, or moved out !

1 - 20 of 22 Posts