Snowmobile World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got an 01 xc sp 600 with the ves motor and when i went to go for a ride today it starrted no problem and i was warming it up and it was bright out so i shut the light off and the motor died i dont no if it was a couinsidence but after that it wouldnt start for nothing tried changeing the plugs, cleared the cylinders tried alot of thing but nothing worked.does anyone no what it might be?

thanks cam

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
i got an 01 xc sp 600 with the ves motor and when i went to go for a ride today it starrted no problem and i was warming it up and it was bright out so i shut the light off and the motor died i dont no if it was a couinsidence but after that it wouldnt start for nothing tried changeing the plugs, cleared the cylinders tried alot of thing but nothing worked.does anyone no what it might be?

thanks cam[/b]
How did you shut the light off? I can't remember the last Polaris I had where that was possible.

Many (most?) times a warm Polaris will need the throttle cracked a little bit when being pulled through to start when warm. Otherwise you can pull your brains out and nothing will happen.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How did you shut the light off? I can't remember the last Polaris I had where that was possible.

Many (most?) times a warm Polaris will need the throttle cracked a little bit when being pulled through to start when warm. Otherwise you can pull your brains out and nothing will happen.[/b]
i shut it off by the push button. this may not have shut off the motor that is just when the motor died.

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
<<<i shut it off by the push button>>>

You are aware that in addition to the ignition key switch, there is also a safety/kill switch on top of the RH handlebar controls? There is no way to turn off the lights. There is a high/low beam switch on the LH handlebar control.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
<<<i shut it off by the push button>>>

You are aware that in addition to the ignition key switch, there is also a safety/kill switch on top of the RH handlebar controls? There is no way to turn off the lights. There is a high/low beam switch on the LH handlebar control.[/b]
yes i m aare of the kill switch on my sled if i push that little blue button on the LH side of the handle bars it shuts my slights off when it is ot abd when the buton is in the lights go on ( i think ) i just got the sled last week so i dont no the sled to well yet. im not saying shuting the lights of shut the motor off i was just wondering if that might have been the problem.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts