Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This poll is for all skidoo owners with 800 cc class engines.
If you have burnt up a stator please vote and post the year of your sled with an estimate of the mileage it got.
if not still vote with a no, if your stator has not been replaced.

thk

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
My 2000 MachZ only had 3300km on it when it was replaced.

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
The guys with stator problems should go to the Ski-doo website, click on "About Us" , "Contact Us". You can let them know about your problems there. I've already sent them my comments on the REV

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Went on my 99 mchZ at about 1,000 miles.  Was a year past warranty but ski-doo still picked up the bill.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Never had to replace a stator in a Mach Z yet.  This is my second triple Z.

Only stater i had ever go bad was in a 583 twin formula.  But it didnt cost much to fix.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Hi Ski-Doo men,
                    for me  after 24000milles,no stator,no cdi,no
dess remplacement.All factory stock.Just replace light relay at
22000 milles.The secret ,when 1 buy my Mach Z i fix all wiring with tyrap and protect it!Just another 24000 to do before buying another Z probably!!!!!.....

·
Registered
129 Posts
As you can see by the replies above, most of the stator problems have been on the Mach Z.  The CK-3 Mach Z eats stators for breakfast, lunch, dinner and a midnight snack.

·
Registered
756 Posts
One in my '97 machz at appx. 1500mi, one in my '01mxz800 at 125mi. I bought the first one, skidoo the second.

·
Registered
36 Posts
The stator on my 2000 Mach Z went out in Canada at 3100 miles. It was running great all day and when we stopped to fill up before putting our sleds away for the night, I had no spark at all. I had the same problem on my 94 Mach Z at 4200 miles and on the same trip in Canada my brothers stator went on his 2001 MXZ 800. Ski-doo covered my brothers because it was so close to warranty but when I called Ski-Doo, they said that they haven't had a problem with stators so they could not cover mine. This ticked me off so bad that I am considering buying another brand.

Ski-Doo doesn't have stator problems on the triples,

GIVE ME A BREAK!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts