Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any preventive maintenance I can doo to the stator to prevent a ruined weekend? Like, if I pull it out and look at it is there something to possibaly see? Any warning signs before it goes? I know my buddy's started real hard after it was warmed up for 3 weekends of riding before it died.
I remember reading a post last winter about a place that re-builds and guarantee's them for life, if they can do it why cant Skidoo? Or better yet, doo it right in the first place!!
I have owned 4 Skidoo's with no stator problems, but I personally know to many that have and this worry's me!

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
what ive been told was to try and keep a load on them such as leaving hand and thumb warmer on. try to keep your high beam on. what ive found was that i have burnt out 2 now and it was about the same time . spring time and speed running lots of heat. if u know of this place that rebuilds them like name and location it would be greatly apreciated

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
machz69, this is a number I got off here last year on a similar subject: 508-478-0692 say's they have a lifetime warrenty.
If this is true, what's the problem with Skidoo?
Hey, that rimes  

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Borrowed a mag puller and inspected the stator. I dont see any visible signs of wear or burnt wires, the coating looks like new. I dont know, maybe I will be one of the lucky one's? The sled has 3000 on it and I know a lot go shortly after that. I guess I will worry about it when the time comes.........

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
mika: there is no real way of just looking.....sorry i forgot to say this in my last post.......lol.........but when one is going u will see your rpm going all over the place and might even sut down a couple of times on u and your head light seem to go bright then even go out......then u know its going u will smell it  when u pull it out BURNT!! hehehe

1 - 5 of 5 Posts