Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went back to the dealer yesterday to see what the hold up is on bringing home my f7."Waiting for my screen kit" is what I was told. While I was there,I noticed another sabercat sitting in the rack waiting to be picked up. The dealer told me he was waiting for replacement parts because his sled was so beat up from the ride to the dealer from the factory!!! Scratches and dings all over the front of the sled.So I thought I'd look mine over a little closer.Sure enough,big scratch on left a-arm and scratched up coil spring on left shock :cussing: Looks like it will be a few more weeks because parts are backordered!!This is not turning out to be a good experience.I was one of the first to get my sled delivered,but looks like I'll be one of the last to bring home my sled. :hallo5:
The dealer still hasn't installed my studs either! AAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

·
Registered
346 Posts
Doesnt that suck when you pay all that money and you cant take her home and drool over all over her? Kinda like going to a strip club --- Just a tease!

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
That sucks sabre! What is his reasoning for not getting your studs in at least? And if you get everything else put together and are still waiting on them to get the screen kit on, or in, say forget it and take it with you and put it on yourself. At least then you will have it in your own garage. ;)
I was just talking with my dealer and telling them what a joke it is that you spring order a sled and then are the last to get your sled. ???
Hope you get it soon man!!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know it's not the dealer's fault the thing is scratched,but this is very frustrating! I was very excited when my sled came in....now this has taken alot of wind out of the ol' sails!! :hallo10:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
PH, thats basically why I went to the dealer yesterday.I was in the process of telling them I would put the screen kit in myself and that's when I found the scratches.They are going to replace the scratched parts,but now I have to wait for them too!!!No sense in bringing it home and taking it back a few weeks later to have the parts replaced!!As for the studs,I have no answer for that.I know they have the correct pattern from woody's.....I looked at it myself. The other kicker is they want me to come in and sign the paperwork because AC wants their money!!!!Send a sled in perfect condition first,then I'll pay for it! What a bunch of [email protected]#$%!!

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
If you haven't paid for it yet, just let them keep it and head to another dealership where one is already ready to go.hehe :hallo3: I'm sure you can't do that, but it would be nice, eh!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It would...but like I said,It's not the dealer's fault the thing has scratches.I would be bringing it home today if it weren't for that.They would have made sure it was studded and ready to go for me today. :hallo6:

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Saber, I would definately have to call CAT and gripe...the squeaky wheel usually gets the grease. If you like your dealer and believe he has no responsibility here, be sure to tell CAT that when you talk to them to keep him out of trouble. It's not CAT's fault w/the poor handling of these sleds during delivery, but it is their responsibility that you're happy after shelling out your hard eanred greenbacks for one of their products. Personally, I think the dealer should have told you about the scratches on your sled when you were asking why it was taking so long.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
In my dealings with AC last season I found that persistance while staying polite is the key. If seems to send them a signal that your not going to get off their case until everythings to your liking.....worked for me. Don't let a couple of teething problems turn you off the new ride, It'll be great. Rick.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to give cat a call and see what I can do to get a little satifaction.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Called AC customer service today.Basically told them I wanted to file a complaint about the scratches in shipping,and that I have been an AC customer for 6 years with no other problems. I was told my imput was important and they will look into the shipping problem. That was about it. They didn't offer me anything in return. I find that a bit curious. ???
I didn't think I should have to ask for anything in return. Am I supposed to ask for something,or does it sound like I'd be a mooch?? I wish I had ordered the Sabercat helmet!!!!

:hallo8:

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Well there ya go, tell them you want a free sabercat helmet to compensate for the damage in shipping which ended up with you having to wait forever to get your sled. ;) Worth a shot....

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I would feel funny asking for a helmet though. Makes me sound like thats all I wanted to begin with.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
:D I hope something good comes of it, like your sleds ready soon, that is what its all about isn't it? :D

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
This is true! All I really want is 3' of snow by halloween and my new sled in my garage by the end of the week. Not too much to ask......... :D :cussing:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ordered what zrt600??? My parts? I was told they would be in today or tomorrow....which means I should FINALLY be bringing it home over the weekend. It's only been sitting at the dealer for a month now!!!
:hallo9:

·
Registered
254 Posts
I hope you get your sled home soon. I just picked up my F-7 RED SABER CAT and is this ever a sweet looking sled. I will post a picture of it as soon as I get a photo. John

1 - 20 of 23 Posts