Snowmobile World banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Mach Z will win all three but it will be close in the 500.  In the 1000 it will be far ahead and in the quarter mile the zr wont even see it.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Well I kept up with a ZR 800 with my 670 MXZ, so I would have to say the Mach Z would win.  My dad's Mach 1 would beat my MXZ 670 without a problem.

·
Registered
393 Posts
at a radar run earlier this winter my stock mach z was running 113 mph in about 2000' and there were some piped zr800`s running 108. all the stock 800`s no matter what brand was running around 104-105 and the piped sleds werent that much faster. but in a short drag my wife could beat me on her 800 mxz but in a long race its no contest

·
Registered
240 Posts
Triples rule, twins drool.

·
Registered
333 Posts
One big addition,dont put any money on this race if you are racing on more than a few inches of snow,in fact you will have a hard time keeping up if  your in anything but ice or very hard compressed snow. I have a mach z that will run 110 to 112 mph in 1000-1100 feet on ice , well last night my buddy with an almost stock 02 mxzx 800 waxxed me 4 for 4 in 1000 feet,and i wasnt gaining either. On ice I dont think the results would be the same but those twins are quick and youll need a while to reel him in. ps these races were on about two or three feet of snow with a hard packed top with little bottom to it.(good luck)

·
Registered
316 Posts
I think you have to set up the suspension on the Mach Z and run about 35:1 oil. Mine flat out rocks. I have been on lakes and caught up to sleds that were 30 ft ahead of me with no problem. Top end, I literally have beaten them all. This is at a two up wieght of 320lbs for the rider!!!!On Houghton Lake a few weeks ago, I raced two Cats, piped ported, ice studs, etc. They would easily pull 8 sleds on me on the hole shot, ( I have no studs) but from 40 mph roll ons, it was no contest. I am basically stock. I was running special fuel and 24/43 gears, plus a tall windshield (for trails). So far, I'm very happy with the sled. This was year 3 on the sled. 1500 miles of which 1000 had to be wide open at 8000 rpm. I have literally run the dog piss out of this sled! Zero work on it so far. I have been very lucky to have such a reliable sled, since I constantly have the throttle at the bar. Count me as one VERY satisfied Mach Z owner.

·
Registered
852 Posts
I really hate too say it but in 500' the zr should and probably will take it, as for 1500' the z by not much. Ski doo has to get there act together, you want a really miserable senario?
?? picture a 700 mxz, a 700 Srx, and that new cat, the f7, in 500`....doo you guy`s want to talk about this? I wanted to get a mxz800, whats up with that one?, and to trust doo with putting a 800 in the rev chassis, they only claim ( or maybe somebody said) 144hp, the new cat 700 is suppose to doo that, whats going on here? go ahead  call me negative, but from where I see  it, it aint lookin good.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Ballsout.  Im sorry to say but your wrong on all counts.

In a 500 race the mach and cat will be almost even.  In a 1500 the mach will be far ahead.  Its not even a race anymore.  The cat guy probably would just give up and save his engine.  

A twin of equal cc will never beat a triple if both are stock.  And even a moded out twin will have a lot of trouble in a 1500.

As for the 800 in the rev.  Its a new motor.  Its not the timebomb 800 in the current 800.  The new motor has been engineered and tested and will probably dominate the 800 twin catagory and probably beat cats 900.  Then there is a big posability that doo will have a 900 twin but a real 900 not a 863.  

But If your going to buy a twin and then try and beat mach Zs in lake drag racing your nuts.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
I had a race last weekend with a 02 ZR800 1 1/4 paddle and 168 studs,piped,clutched and V-Force reeds. My sled 00MachZ
stock,1 1/2 paddle long track no studs, and power robbing reverse. The outcome: Dead even for about 100 ft. ZR pulled ahead about 1/2 sled for 200 ft. Mach said bye bye after that.
This was on very hard pack on a 5 mile lake. Cant imagine what a regular Mach would have done to the puss!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts