Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys.... looking forward to a longer winter this go round. I tried this in the swap meet section and didn't find the parts so I thought I'd bring it to the DOO family before tracking thru the scrap yards.
Does any one have a stock pipe for a '97 Formula Z 583? After 15,000 miles, mines finally gone for a poopie.
Thru the day my e-mail is [email protected]

Thanks for your time. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
115 Posts
:D Hey mike, sorry i dont have what your looking for but did you say 15000 miles. If that is not a misprint that is awsome. Man, i was worried this year that i was getting to high with about 3500kms, i have been thinking i hope it makes it through another season but you just gave me ( well my machine ) a confidence boost

·
Registered
278 Posts
Originally posted by SUMMIT 700@Oct 2 2002, 07:31 AM
:D Hey mike, sorry i dont have what your looking for but did you say 15000 miles. If that is not a misprint that is awsome. Man, i was worried this year that i was getting to high with about 3500kms, i have been thinking i hope it makes it through another season but you just gave me ( well my machine ) a confidence boost
Hey summit dont be worried about your Km. 3500 is nothing . Every sled I have had I put on min 14,000 miles. Avg winter I get aprx 7000 Km. Never had any problems. :)

·
Premium Member
2,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Summitt 700

YUP.... 15,000 Miles not kms. I do alot of what I like to call "High Speed Touring" in Northern Ontario. A good set of MILLER saddlebags and tear around for 200, 300+ miles per day. With the crappy winter last year I only got about 1,000 miles on her then my pump seal went. Bearings, pistons, rings and set to go again. BTW, I'm still on my original track and only my second belt, but I'm certain that the riding you do is much harder on a sled than the riding I do.

This is my second 583. My first had 16 - 18000 miles on it when I sold it. It's still going. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
115 Posts
:D Mike97z That is still some unreal numbers , i think that is cool though. I'm not sure who is harder on there machine, but the riding we do (mostly ) is about 30- 50 kms to get to the bowls and then its time to climb, so we dont really pack on the miles but the cliffs we play on are usually with the throttle full or off, not to much in between. We also do trails and lakes but i will try my hardest this year to get on 200 or 300 in one day, i think that ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts