Snowmobile World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering if I should get a storage stand for my sled.  I was reading out at EazyMove website that they sell stands for storage.  When I asked the guy, he said it takes the tension off your springs when you store it in the off season and that it was a good idea.  

Of course he is trying to sell me his product.  My question to all of you - Is he correct, should I get one or what do you use?

Brazoo

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Nope hes right.  It is always best to take the weight of the sleds suspention even just overnight.  A stand is the best idea plus it helps get a good look under the sled and makes working on it easier.  Its also a good way to run your track to get the snow of it and a nice way to wheel the sled around.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Just relax your suspension to its lightest setting, there's no need to hang the track.  That's never been proven to do anything.  Many more important things to do for storage.  A stand is good to own however for doing track adjustments etc.

·
Registered
2,908 Posts
Hey Brazoo why dont ya load up your gear and come up here and ride?You definately need more milage.Come on up we will take ya for a tour.We are going to cochrane Mar 7-12 you should come with us.Trip of a lifetime Buddy.Meet us in Cochrane we will tour with ya.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Nice lift!  Getting it up where you can work on it helps the old back.  I've got the steel to build mine, just need to get a screw jack and start welding.  Finding the time is the hard part....maybe after riding is over.  

1 - 7 of 7 Posts