Snowmobile World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to store my sled outside on the trailer this year , what's the best way to do this ? covers on tarp over ?
I normally store them in the garage , but need the room this year .

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
I usually cover our boat with the tarp, then throw one of those blue nylon tarps over top..just to keep the wetness off. Just make sure you cover the sleds well, as to prevent fading..coloured skis fade especially well if left in the sun.

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
Rocketman is right.  Just cover it well, but make sure you allow for a little air circulation so things don't sit wet all summer.

FishHog

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (phazerhater @ April 08, 2002, 2:48pm)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Slap some moth balls around everything too.  Sleds make good homes for little critters in the off season....
[/b][/quote]
yes...make sure you plug the pipe with steel wool....mice love airboxes....

·
Registered
151 Posts
I agree put a boat tarp over it and make sure that it is mouse proof. Steel wool is the best for that because mice hate steel wool. Kill all the mice

·
Registered
538 Posts
Put the baby on blocks to lift her off of the trailer so condesation does not get to the track or the skis.
Remember to caost her periodically woth some WD40 such as the suspension components and skis to prevent rusting.

I would try to place her in a shaded area if at all possible.

Just my two cents.........

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Absolutley try to keep it in the shade, i have has bad experiences with direct sunlight even covered up, So now when then the summer comes my mxz goes in the garage and i dont care what else goes outside.

·
Registered
530 Posts
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (phazerhater @ April 08, 2002, 3:48pm)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Slap some moth balls around everything too.  Sleds make good homes for little critters in the off season....
[/b][/quote]
Another thing that works just as well as moth balls are fabric softern sheets.  Believe it or not, but they work great.  I use them on my Camaro every year I store it.  Plus they smell a heck of a lot better than moth balls.  Just put them in random places, and try not to get them too wet.  Also, like everyone else said cover it good, but not too tight.  Gotta make sure it can release the moisture it might collect.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts