Snowmobile World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have been starting my sled once a week is that ok or should i have fogged the engine should i put some stabilisor in the gas any comments.?

·
Registered
328 Posts
There was some discussion on this in the general area, might try to look back a few pages.  I personally do both, but if I was you I would at least put stabilizer in the gas.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I agree with 2tone800X, but I might add that when you run it, let it fully warm up before you shut it off. (Cylinder head should feel very warm to the touch, but not so hot that you can't hold your hand on it for more than a couple of seconds.) This will evaporate any condensation that may have formed in the engine between starts. Condensation on unlubricated parts inside the engine and stale gas gumming up carbs is the cause of most engine failures when first taken out of storage.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Fogging is a must. Draining down the tank is a good thing,its nice to have fresh volitale fuel.

Here are mine in hibernation mode.

Note: wifes on top  

·
Registered
215 Posts
yah good question.  

I put a plastic milk crate under my sled in the from and a stand in the back to keep it off the ground and give the suspension a rest.  I don't have much gas or oil in it either and I start it up and lets it run at least a couple times a month.  

Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts