Snowmobile World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
when you stroke a motor, you are increasing displacement by making the piston move further.     right now the piston comes within like 2/10ths of an inch from the head, if you stroke the crank your piston is going to hit the head.    So you would either have to buy cylinders that work with the increased stroke, or shim the cylinders somehow.       what size of engine are you looking at making? and what engine are you trying to build it from?

theres no replacement for displacement haha

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The displacement would be based on what they could do with the crank. The motor is a 800 2002 Renagade. One of the reasons for the question is a friend has a RMK 700 151inch stroked and boy does it go. Or would it be simpler to just visit "The Crank Shop" and let them do the punching and piping and maybe then throw in a belt drive.

·
Registered
172 Posts
That would probably be a better way to go.   what province(or state) do you live in?         you might want to look at what other companies are offering also, my freind has a 1025 crank pro-stock engine, and that thing is sorta a mess.    getting better though but he has spent a few dollars getting it to where it is now.    anyway good luck

·
Registered
756 Posts
The 800 Rotax twin is not strokable as the case is clearenced for the rod now. there is no room left. I have a 900 big bore in my MXZ & as 1000imp said w/friends 1025 & many of my experiences some crank shop stuff might be a cluster. I have a ton of hours in this motor to make it function correctly.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
You cant add any stroke to the 800.  Just like the previous poster stated.  There is no room and it takes a lot of parts.  

I would just bore it out some more.  You will get more of what your snowmobile needs.  CC's

1 - 6 of 6 Posts