Snowmobile World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im trying to drop my whole rear skid and track and everything, i got the back of the sled about 3 feet of the ground, and right near the footwell there is a bolt you loosen to drop the front of the skid on both sides of the sled. i got one side out, but the other one wont loosen at all. the bolt will turn but it wont back out it just stays there and turns, what is up?

·
Registered
83 Posts
put the bolt you have removed back in and tighten now remove the bolt your having problems with, after you have removed this one go back and remove the one that had originaly came out. If you have, use impact gun it will make things easier to remove. Hope this makes sense to you!!!

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thnx hauler i will try that tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
often if it is the first time you had the bolt on a older sled a air wrench works well, then after you get it out spray it down with wd-40 or get some never sieze on the bolt s before you put it back in.

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
highlandergerman,
 on some of the bolts i put anti-sieze but for the bolts he is talking i put loctite.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Hauler got it rite, but I thought you might like to know why you have to do this. The bolt you're trying to remove is threaded into a shaft that acts as the pivot for your front arm. When you remove one bolt there sometimes is not enough resistance left to stop the shaft from turning when you try to break the remaining bolt free. that's why you put the other one back in. It will come out easier because it was brocken free once already. Hope this is helpful.  

1 - 6 of 6 Posts