Snowmobile World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:withstupid: It should read, I'm stupid. So last year when I put the sled away, I missed greasing the right spindle (must have either had a brain far_ or been drunk. So this year when I pulled the beast out, (2002 ZR 800 CC) she was froze solid. After putting in grease, and working it back and forth by itself, I was able to get it freed up a bit, but she's still to tight to call good. Is there any way to get the thing freed up that works well (someone told me heat and penetrating oil) or should I just replace the darn thing. Any one have any thoughts?

·
Registered
315 Posts
You'll have a tough time getting penitrating oil in there especially if it has been greased recently. I would try it anyways. get something stronger than WD-40. I use some stuff called PB Blaster. It is one of the best penitrating oils I have found. I would spray it in the best you can and just keep working it. It will eventually free up. Riding it some may help too. Just make sure to spray it down and grease it when you get done so no more rust can build up in there. Good Luck.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
I'd be tempted to see if they would warrenty it. I have the same sled and mine are fine. I didn't do anything to mine. I greased them before the last trip I took but thats it. If you need a good penetrating oil. Buy some KANO KROIL. This stuff is the whip. Nothing better. IMHO.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Originally posted by IRON WILL@Nov 15 2002, 06:52 AM
You'll have a tough time getting penitrating oil in there especially if it has been greased recently. I would try it anyways. get something stronger than WD-40. I use some stuff called PB Blaster. It is one of the best penitrating oils I have found. I would spray it in the best you can and just keep working it. It will eventually free up. Riding it some may help too. Just make sure to spray it down and grease it when you get done so no more rust can build up in there. Good Luck.
haha. PB Blaster is GREAT stuff. I use it all the time.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Daisey, I'd have to call the dealer too. In all the years, I've never known a spindle to freeze up like that. Even if you didn't hit the zerks b-4 putting
it away, it should not lock up. Take it to the dealer, this may cause you more problems down the road.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
the spindal should not freeze up like that, the dealer should take care of it. contact them and see what they have to say

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Well Daisey, the same thing happened to my buddy's ProX600. Got together yesterday to get the sleds going, and his spindles were almost locked up. Just bought the sled new last year and prob has about 800 miles on it. But he was not surprised...said his Polaris' have always held moisture in the spindles. He just took them apart, grounded the bad spots off, and put them back together. The only thing I can say, is while he was having a new garage built last spring, his sleds did sit outside on the trailer for a few months...I would think that would have something to do w/it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts