Snowmobile World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering if anyone if knowledgeable about the difference in the positiioning of the tunnel protectors on ZX chassis sleds versus other brands.  I am asking as I have the opportunity to buy a good used track (1.25" from a Poo XC), but it is studded for the original sled.  Was wondering if this would cause me problems?  How wise would it be to move studs once hole is already drilled? thanks

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
It shouldn't make any difference from brand to brand.  The tunnel protectors are directly above the windows of the track on all makes.

·
Registered
739 Posts
MXZr, the tunnel protection is NOT the same on all sleds. The tunnel protection on the Polaris is over the track windows. On the Doo (ZX) the protection is to the inside of the track windows. Shouldn't be a problem though. you'll just have to move a few studs so they don't hit the protectors. Trust me, I did the same thing. No problems or tear-outs after 1500 miles. If you're studding a track that tall I would recommend putting some frame protection on also (just my opinion).

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks Butch.  Would I need any preotection in the bulkhead as well (for front heat exchanger)? thanks again

·
Registered
739 Posts
I would. That's what I was refering to as frame protection. I got mine from HRP. But, they have quit selling S/D and the owner, Brad, works for someone else. I paid around $70 for mine. Here is the old #616-874-6338. Not sure, but I think Brad is still building clutches. So you may be able to get ahold of him at that #. You may be able to get them from Hi-Performance Engineering, also. All they are is some 1" pieces of alum. tube(2) that go straight up in front of your front heat exchanger and "bend" to go towards the rear of the sled a little bit. Then on the bottom of the tube there is a 1" wide piece of flat alum. that rivets into your bulk head. Hope this helps.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts