Snowmobile World banner

Stud Rule For Wsa Mn North District

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Myers Racing Inc 
#1 ·
I asked him this "I have heard from people that some race organizations will allow non-current year sleds to follow last years rule for studs. In other words, I have a 02 sled that was stud legal last year, is it legal this year?, or will the new rule apply to all snowmobiles regardless of the year? Also, I am only asking this question about MN North District racing, I understand that a regional or national WSA event is different."

And he replied with:
" I just talked to ISR. The main concern with last years rule was having a stud pattern that had studs in an open part of the track. Last year some tracks had not put lugs in a regular pattern as in the past. they would leave some lugs out. This would leave too much space between the lugs and would allow the stud in this area to much clearance. So in MN North, we will allow last years stud pattern to be run, but if we determine that some studs are in a danger area on the track we will ask to have them removed before the sled is allowed on the track. I hope this answers your question. Lee"

Hope this helps some people out, if they are having questions.

#7 ·
I sent Blair Bodley at WSA an e-mail asking about the '02 patterns being allowed for this season as you guys have posted above and also asked about the new snow flap rules. This was his response:
What you have been hearing is absolutely false. As of today you must meet the requirements as laid out in the rulebook. If ISR changes or modifies the rule, we'll have it posted on our web site. Please check it often. I don't know about the flaps. Yes USI makes one that is legal

Blair
Hope this info helps out.

:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.