Snowmobile World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Something that I haven't seen yet is a comment on these new Shaper bars. IMO, I think they are a waste of money because I have seen in the past where the steel along the carbide will wear away & leave the steel closer to the actual ski intact.

W/ this new design, once the steel wears away beside the carbide & leaves the narrow profile below the carbide, the runner is basically weakened & worn out.

Any other thoughts?

·
Registered
413 Posts
How about the new Woody' Dooly's?  How do you think they will work?  I would love to elimnate some darting.

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
My first thought when I saw them was more money for less steel. From my trail rider perspective, that missing metal might be the difference in making it home without loosing the wearbar completely and running on a bare ski after one of those 250 mile runs....

Give me the Woody's with 1/2" bar stock and 3/8" studs any day...

AL

·
Registered
356 Posts
I see where you guys are coming from, and I guess I wouldn't buy a set of shaper bars, till I hear/read some more comments on them........
I've looked at them closely at a couple shows this fall  and they are made pretty heavy duty, the  steel square stock is pretty good size...... From a marketing perspective they should be pushing a bunch of them at a pre season 1/2 price kickoff deal or something like that to get some out there if there really that good! I guess time will tell us how they really are!!!!  

DooZ.........

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
The Woody's duallys interested me right up to the point I heard the price. I'll put up with the darting, too expensive.

·
Registered
199 Posts
The shaper bars work very well in the loose snow. It's too earlier to tell about wear. It's mainly designed to be used on the Snowcross track.

Studboy carbides have always lasted a LONG time for me..

·
Registered
282 Posts
Speaking of stud boy, Anyone use there studs. I've always used fast-trac but got a deal on the stud boys ay a shoe this weekend I couldn't pass up. I hope they hold up alright. ???

1 - 11 of 11 Posts