Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at 144 studs for my mxz 700. I would like to place them all down the center, I'm not looking to stick in the corners just less track spin. I would like to minimize the possibility of tear outs (stock track). Would this set up work?

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
It is a great setup. I used this on my 01 800MXZ when I had the stock track on it. I also have it on my 98 XC600. My favorite pattern to use is the 192 stud Woody's performance template, but not drilling any holes on the outside belts.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
800 mxz
Did you have any tear outs? what did it do for you (cornering and holeshot)? I have heard some people say this will slow down a sled, what did you notice?
                     Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Studs will hurt top end if you run an excessive amount, but if it does you can run a little less helix on the top to compensate.

I have never torn a stud out yet at all in any of my sleds. Use good products and you won't have any problems. Running 144 down the middle will give you allot of "strait ahead" traction, but you will be able to throw it around in the cornes still. I do not like having a sled locked up tight in the corners. The 144 down the middle will give you some aded side bite, but not like the 192.

Also there will be allot better holeshot. I recomend Woody's products, and unless you are racing use steel backers. The alum are lighter, but are more likely to bend. And when they bend, that is when they pull thru the track.

·
Registered
171 Posts
just remember when studding a ZX chassis that the tunnel protector strips are not directly over the track windows so you must "adjust" the standard patterns.  I have used 144 up the middle in my 99 600 with great success.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts