Snowmobile World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody out there with a 02 SnoPro who studded their tracks have a pattern for 144 studs for the funky track?  I'm going to test the sled out first to see if I need the studs or not, but I'm pretty sure I'm going to need them.  I had 96 on my old ZL500, but that was just to keep me from sliding on the ice and to balance the handling with the 6 inch carbides.  

If anybody has any good stud / carbide combinations for aggresive trail riding, please let me know.  And if there is any place to find a stud pattern for the new longer track on the Firecat VS a standard track.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
All I know is that you cannot stud the outer belts or the very center of the track or you will tear up the tunnel.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I have a 2002 snopro ZR and I would not stud it except for 96 or you will run into trouble. This tunnel dosn't have any protectors from keeping the studs from ripping holes in your tunnel. The 2003 consumer's sleds may be differant so we will have to wait and see what ARCTIC CAT says will work on the 2003's.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I think I saw a thing on the Woody's website about the F7's and the stud pattern.  Woody's does have information about studding an F series, some of there literature talks about it already.

If I can recollect correctly there are specific things you have to do when studding an F series sled.  One thing is NO STUDS in the OUTER EDGE of the track.

I think the instructions mentioned 128 studs as being the maximum that the F sleds can take (all in the center track), there are areas in that portion of the track that cannot be studded.

The interesting thing about this is the sled will have less than 1 stud per horsepower if you have an F7.  Might not be that big of a problem, but with a lighter configuration in low snow conditions or hitting some obstacles in the early part of the season, you will probably end up bending a few more with a smaller (closer to snowcross) stud pattern.

A friend of mine studded his sled "for snowcross" at first and we went out and he bent something like 7 studs in a weekend, causing him to add more studs to reduce that problem.

Greg

1 - 4 of 4 Posts