Snowmobile World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
nobody seems to know fro sure on studding the Rev 800. My buddy just got one and is wondering what to do. A dealer said something about a $30 kit he has to buy, Said you have to take your tank and your seat off to do it! Sounds like a pain in the A$%. just wondering if any of you snowmobile freaks have any input about it.

·
Registered
91 Posts
:D I picked mine up Monday and I was told the same thing.
Ski Doo is coming out with a kit.
The dealer I got mine from did not say that the seat had to come off of the sled. They did say that Ski Doo was worried about people putting the kit on because they have to drill into the tunnel and the gas tank is directly above the tunnel.
Maybe thats why he was told to take the tank off...
The kits are rivited to the tunnel from what I was told.
I am going to wait and see how this pans out before I do mine... :hallo1:

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
This is not the first sled that requires some extensive work to stud. Ask anyone who ever owned a CK3. BUlkhead protectors and special tunnel protectors.

Consider yourself lucky. It took a year for the aftermarket to catch up when the CK3 came out. Allot of people tore up heat exchangers, tunnels, motors before then knew there was a problem.

I applaud Doo for taking the time to develop the proper way to setup the sled for Studs. I have had 2 new sleds a CK3 in 98 and a ZX in 01, and spent half the winters messing around tryting to get the tunnel protection setup right.

This is just the price to pay to get the chassis to ride as low as possible and get the best handling sled on the market.

You might try to contact tech assistance at Woodys. I was at Spicers tallking to my friends at the Woody's booth and they showed me a picture of the kit that Doo is making. I don't own a REV so I didn't show that much attention.

$30 is cheap, CK3 you had over $100 into it to be able to run 1.075 studs in a .875 track.

·
Registered
0 Posts
On my 98 CK3 chassis all I did was replace the stock plastic tunnel protectors
wil the longer ones and stud the heck out of it. No problems. I think that I
even ran some 1.1875 (?) Gold diggers in it.

Oh yeah, I also had to lower the suspension to tunnel mounting holes one hole
and move down the tunnel ideler axle down a little bit.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Put a 1 1/2 on it and forget the studs! :doh:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Is anyone not going to stud their Rev? My dealer is suggesting not studding, I wonder what you guys think about that? I'm really worried about ice!

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
I was at Royal Distributing in Guelph Ontario the other day, and overheard the counter sales guy telling a customer that if they stud their Rev, their warranty will be void.

Just rumour, but thats what the guys said. And that was to a customer who wanted to buy studs from them.

FishHog

·
Registered
386 Posts
FishHog, are you sure that he wasn't just talkin about the track warranty being void? I know that no one will warranty a studded track, even the pre-drilled ones.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts