Snowmobile World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of studding my sled, I have a .88 " track, any suggestions as to how do do it stud size, etc. I have never done it before, or should I take it in to a pro and have it done for me. Is it a pain in the A$$ to do? \\\\Thoughts?

Thanks

·
Registered
496 Posts
Studding a Track is easy but time consuming.The pattern you make is dependant on how many studs you need .How many you need is generally detrmined by how much Hp you got and riding style.Length of the stud is detrmined by lug height. Also depending on the model you may need tunnel protectors. Track cutters are cheap and the dealer my give it to you free and the pattern you can copy from a catalog and you can order or make your own tunnel protecters. good luck they are worth it!

·
Registered
361 Posts
If your only going to trail drive and want the extra traction on icy surfaces, I would recommend that you only install your studs in the middle part of the track. Two or three per bar would be good. Reason I don't recommend studs on outside bars for trail riding, is because most track failures due to studs, are from the studs installed on the outside bands of tracks, which pull thru or tear track.
Just my experience from studding !
Hope this helps !

1 - 3 of 3 Posts