Snowmobile World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Depends on what tunnel protection method your going to use. (Kit from Ski-Doo, longer version of the stock protector, etc.)

·
Registered
978 Posts
go 1.25" and forget the stud's, had several studded sleds in the past and now that I went to the 1.25 sneaker on my last three sleds I don't think I will go back to them. :blahblah:

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
There is a problem with clearance with studs on the REV chassis. Doo said that the studs could get into the fuel tank and does not recomend any studding on the REV. I am sure somebody will come up with a protecter of some sorts soon so studding can be done without the possibility of getting into the tank.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I don't know about the tunnel clearance on the trail version of the rev but the race version is more than capable of being studded. I wouldn't worry about the gas tank being punctured...how could it? I would be more concerned with the fore heat exchangers. Ski doo is offering a tunnel protector kit but i'm not sure if it's out yet...if you really want to know I'll make a few calls and get back to you on it.

·
Registered
191 Posts
If the stud were to let go and go between the exchangers and pucture the tunnel, it will go right into the fuel tank as it runs pretty well the whole length of the tunnel. I think the big concern is to make sure you clear the hinges correctly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts