Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All
I am going to install 144 studs in my 2002 Yamaha Viper.

Should I put them in the center of the track only or on the side only?

Thanks in advance

Bill ???

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Best bet would be all down the center. If you do put some on the outside be careful. Those are the most likely ones to catch something and rip or tear out. Check out woodys website, they have a good explanation on how mnay studs to go with per cc and how to arrange the pattern.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I have 144 on my 1999 mxz 600. If I were to stud my track I would do down the middle. Mine are onm the outside and I haven;t have one pull/rip through ( knock on wood). I just studded my friends track (96) red tail and was easy. had a blast doing it
MM

·
Registered
57 Posts
After ripping up a couple of tracks from studs on the outside, I prefer going down the center section only. Even at that, I stay away from the sprocket holes as far as feasibly possible. You will lose some traction this way, but you'll keep your track. I agree with the other post-get a studding pattern from one of the stud mfgrs or check Dennis Kirk catalog. I think they show patterns in there. Also recommendations on how many to install---generally about 1 stud per hp I believe. If you get to many on, steering will be affected, then you'll have to buy more aggressive carbides and so on :hallo2:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts